Use WHMCS without hosting or domain pages?

Hi everyone. 

I've been searching for solutions to this question for a while, but don't find anything conclusive. 

Is it possible to use WHMCS without the sale of domains and hosting packages?

For instance. I'd like to use a custom index page and not the default search/register domain page. I'm attempting to use it for custom products and billing for those custom products. I don't intend to sell domains or hosting. 

Thank you for any assistance.

20 hours ago, SpaceIgniter said:

Is it possible to use WHMCS without the sale of domains and hosting packages?

you can turn off domain registration . transfer etc from general settings -> domains...

For instance. I'd like to use a custom index page and not the default search/register domain page.

with that above feature disabled, the domain search should be removed from the homepage.

I'm attempting to use it for custom products and billing for those custom products. I don't intend to sell domains or hosting. 

it will just be a case of working through the site and making changes - that could be by editing templates, using hooks or Language Overrides to change text references of hosting etc

off-hand, I can't think of any non-domain/hosting templates, but there might be some in Marketplace - if one exists, then that might save you some time....

you ca use Croster module from thememetro to have an index frontend page, but croster is focused on hosting and domain by default, but I am sure that you can edit it to have it only with custom products. 

Croster is now on version 1.9 that should be released very very soon, Croster will make WHMCS a real front-end website. I am using croster since first version and also have tested about 3 different modules with similar functions, and I can say it is just at this time best on their category (front-end template).

On 1/7/2021 at 5:37 PM, SpaceIgniter said:

s it possible to use WHMCS without the sale of domains and hosting packages?

WHMCS automation's is a value added for lot of business , so yes, you can, I use it for mostly IT services and products...of course for hosting and domain to.

here are a print of what I have achieve with croster and also @brian! tips too.

image.thumb.png.405e9823bb64b328399b37e5ace350a7.png

On 1/7/2021 at 7:37 PM, SpaceIgniter said:

I'd like to use a custom index page and not the default search/register domain page.

With an .htaccess rule like this one

RewriteRule ^$ ./anypageyouwant.php [L]

You can replace default index page with anything you want.

Hi everyone,

Thanks, I changed the settings as explained in the first post.

I just have this entry on the Home Page, please see attached image.
If I can remove that entry or domain/hosting entries across the Client Area. then I'll be sorted.

I'm very new to WHMCS. Any guidance to sort it out will be appreciated.

Thanks again,

remove.png

On 11/01/2021 at 20:24, SpaceIgniter said:

If I can remove that entry or domain/hosting entries across the Client Area. then I'll be sorted.

I think you could argue that is a bug - because even if domain registrations etc were disabled in the settings, that panel would still appear - it's creation is not conditional on any setting, which it really should be (to match other elements of the page).

so fixing this via settings might not be an option - CSS in a custom.css file should work - either is twenty-one/css/custom.css or similarly within a child theme of 21.

.action-icon-btns:nth-last-child(1) .col-lg:nth-last-child(3) { display: none !important;}

VsWtCHD.png

the other way would be to modify the homepage.tpl template in a child theme.

I think if all you want to do is just remove this one panel, then using CSS should be sufficient - but if you're thinking of editing more content, then I would go down the child-theme route and make your modifications in that.