WHMCS Incorrectly issuing refunds

Hello All,

I have a situation, where if a client by any means has credits and uses this credit to pay for an order.  It can be many years later, if the client terminates this order and the order is cancel. WHMCS will automatically refund the client the payment on the very first invoice. As I have a number of clients that funds their account and this fund appears as credits and is used to pay for new orders and or outstanding invoices. My issue is when this order is cancel the first invoice is refunded.

NOTE: cancel order not cancel & refund.

Now whmcs advised only to terminate the order and leave it in the system, the issue is some client wants their data deleted and hence the order must be deleted and hence the issue.

Now if the order was paid by credit card and is terminated and deleted - this issue does not happen. It only happens if a) one fund their account b) order a new service and pay for it using the credit - as you can see clients that is aware of this issue can abuse it.

As in many cases I have to delete the order, if you know of a way that can prevent a deleted order from automatically and there are 2 cancel buttons, I would expect cancel to not issue any refunds, while cancel and refund button will issue refunds.

Thanks

Brian