fraud check failures

Recently I have begun running into issues when provisioning Plesk services from WHMCS.

The item fails to create.  When I look in the service log I see errors starting with FraudCheckFailed.

I DO NOT have any Fraud Check modules installed.  I don't have these issues when provisioning cPanel services.

Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: AfterRegistrarRenewalFailed - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: AfterRegistrarRenewal - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: DomainTransferFailed - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: DomainTransferCompleted - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: AfterRegistrarTransferFailed - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: AfterRegistrarTransfer - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: AfterRegistrarRegistrationFailed - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: AfterRegistrarRegistration - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: CancellationRequest - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: AfterModuleTerminateFailed - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: AfterModuleTerminate - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: AfterModuleUnsuspendFailed - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: AfterModuleUnsuspend - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: AfterModuleSuspendFailed - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: AfterModuleSuspend - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: AfterModuleCreateFailed - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: AfterModuleCreate - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Hooks Debug: Hook Defined for Point: FraudCheckFailed - Priority: 1 - Function Name: (anonymous function)
Edited by jimlongo

I did just make sure that password policy matched, because at some point when trying to Accept Order I got a message that password wasn't secure enough.  I've eliminated that I think.  

Now the service does get provisioned on the Plesk server, but the order remains Pending in WHMCS with no SSO capability for the purchaser.

If I try to force Order Acceptance, I get the same Error: See the Activity Log for more information:  which I guess is not very helpful as it keeps telling me what I originally posted.

I will see what support has to say.

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 12.18.29 PM.png

Edited by jimlongo

• 2 weeks later...

As I told you months ago, I am no longer interested in fighting against another tax puzzle. I have enough of tax rules, electronic invoicing, crazy accountants, rules that keep changing overnight, Brexit, MOSS yes/no, tax stamps, special tax regimes, GDPR, cookie law, split payment, Italy, Germany, USA, Finland, Sweden, Australia and silly requests. All while WHMCS keeps releasing bugs.

I still need to support WHMCS v5, v6, v7 and v8 simultaneously due to customers still running older versions. The standard reply you could expect from another developer is "Not my problem, upgrade WHMCS".

Similarly, I also support third-party modules and templates developed by my own competitors just to be helpful. Try asking to any of my competitor if they're willing to move a finger for me. Nope. Every developer lives in his own world. Every conflict they cause with other modules is not their business. Especially when they are the sole responsibile of the issue due to their horrific js and css rules.

Enough is enough. It's 14 years that I'm fixing problems caused by WHMCS, colleagues and competitors. All while I keep up with the crazy world of billing.

As I said you in another occasion, I'm pretty sure I can fix your problem easily. But the idea that when you start issuing RCTI another bug of WHMCS v8 will force me to rethink everything from scratch is depressing. I'd pay 10k just to stop WHMCS from releasing updates. The best gift i could ever ask for. Sadly, I keep finding devastating bugs but I no longer report them. If WHMCS doesn't care of bugs, why should I? Let's enjoy what we have and fly low 🤞

Anyway feel free to submit a new ticket with details and passwords but I don't guarantee you anything. If I sense another bug I'm out.

1 minute ago, Kian said:

Anyway feel free to submit a new ticket with details and passwords but I don't guarantee you anything. If I sense another bug I'm out.

Thank you. I will submit a ticket today.

As mentioned, it's not just a case of GST compliance - it won't even allow affiliates to click the 'request payout' button. 😐

Want to add 2 things to close off my OP.

1. Problem was caused by a corrupted vhosts file on a Plesk server.  Weird, but I must commend both WHMCS and Plesk support with figuring it out. It's unusual to me that support doesn't just say, "not our problem".  Kudos for that in this case.

2. Regarding a developer and a plugin. I have limited experience . . . 1 module. I only support v7 and v8. But it's maddening when WHMCS removes APIs which they consider not that useful but might be critically useful to me.  Granted they're not as bad as Plesk and cPanel which I rely on, they remove APIs like it's nobodies business. But I can see how a developer can be in a untenable position due to bugs and changes that are out of their control.  Personally, I'd just say support ended for v5 and v6, and the clock is ticking on 7.

9 hours ago, jimlongo said:

Personally, I'd just say support ended for v5 and v6, and the clock is ticking on 7.

As infuriating as it is when I'm on the receiving end of the 'supported ended' stick, I tend to agree.

It just isn't practical for a developer to continue long term support for a platform that the platform's developer has EOL'd.

10 hours ago, Kian said:

Ticket submitted 🙂

On 1/20/2021 at 11:49 AM, Kian said:

Hi @Kian,

The ticket was submitted a little over a week ago, and includes a breakdown of a minimum viable product outcome that would work, which I hope simplifies things enough to allow this to get sorted quickly and easily. 

In the ticket, I also highlighted a bit of my personal situation and how this issue impacts/relates to it. 

Your attention to this would be greatly appreciated. 

Ithiel