Sidebar Problems

Dsbush

On 04/01/2021 at 05:45, Dsbush said:

So,I have an issue where some of my product groups in my sidebar are doubling up. I want to get rid of the doubles. What would be the best course of action that is not too complicated. 

depends on what's generating the output of that sidebar - going into the product group settings and hiding the duplicate product groups might be an option... or it might remove both.... looking at your screenshot in another thread, i'm assuming this is affecting MarketConnect product groups - if that's the case, then hiding those product groups should work.

7 hours ago, Dsbush said:

That worked for the most part, but in the past i could delete the line in the HTML. I just don't remember how to that.

how far in the past ? there's no HTML for you to directly edit these days - unless you're an expert and could do it in the sidebar.tpl template.... and even that's a long-winded solution and you want to keep things simple. 🙂

fundamentally, something is adding these duplicate entries and I think the better solution would be to find the cause - whether that be a configuration issue, a hook, addon module or whatever.

failing that, you would have 2 realistic options - a) remove the duplicate entries with a hook, not difficult and many example hooks will have been posted previously about removing children... or b) use CSS to hide these duplicates...

#Secondary_Sidebar-Categories-Shared_Hosting {display: none !important;}

aAkBRks.png

a similar method could be used for the navbar if the duplicates are occurring there too - though it would be interesting if they're not appearing in the navbar as I would have though by default both should be the same and if not, that would imply something additional is affecting the sidebar.