Reset/Clear invoice number

Hey everyone,

While my WHMCS was on a test mode i ended up setting invoice numbers to go from 6000+

Now i do have a clients, my site is live and invoice numbers are going higher. 🙂 Is there anyway, any module, any trick that will reset/clear invoice numbers and start from zero?

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Businezz said:

None of them cleared the invoice numbers. They just continued from 6000+ again. Is there any other solution for it?

when you ran the SQL query, did it delete the old invoices ?

if you take a look in general settings -> invoices -> invoice starting #

https://docs.whmcs.com/Invoice_Tab#Invoice_Starting_.23

what does the text say next to the box ? Enter to set the next invoice number, must be greater than last #xxxx (Blank for no change)

On 1/2/2021 at 7:30 AM, brian! said:

when you ran the SQL query, did it delete the old invoices ?

if you take a look in general settings -> invoices -> invoice starting #

https://docs.whmcs.com/Invoice_Tab#Invoice_Starting_.23

what does the text say next to the box ? Enter to set the next invoice number, must be greater than last #xxxx (Blank for no change)

Hi,

Still it was at the same number, where it is, 6000+

And these 2 lines:

TRUNCATE `mod_invoicedata` ; 
TRUNCATE `tblinvoicedata` ;

displayed error, so i skipped them.

I am researching since last month, and i can't find any other solution, except your suggestion. I hope there's something else.... 🙄

Edited by Businezz

16 hours ago, Businezz said:

displayed error, so i skipped them.

do the tables still exist? what was the error ??

16 hours ago, Businezz said:

I am researching since last month, and i can't find any other solution, except your suggestion. I hope there's something else.... 🙄

ultimately, you could reset the auto-increment value using MySQL code...

ALTER TABLE tablename AUTO_INCREMENT = value;

however, in your case I wouldn't do that if you still have old tables floating around - because the last thing you want to do is to corrupt the database with multiple references to the same invoice ID values - which shouldn't happen on day 1, but might by the time you get up to the 6000's again in the future.

if you're stuck on this, then you could make a backup of the database, and open a ticket and ask Support to reset the database for you.

16 minutes ago, brian! said:

do the tables still exist? what was the error ??

ultimately, you could reset the auto-increment value using MySQL code...

ALTER TABLE tablename AUTO_INCREMENT = value;

however, in your case I wouldn't do that if you still have old tables floating around - because the last thing you want to do is to corrupt the database with multiple references to the same invoice ID values - which shouldn't happen on day 1, but might by the time you get up to the 6000's again in the future.

if you're stuck on this, then you could make a backup of the database, and open a ticket and ask Support to reset the database for you.

Thanks a lot! I don't really want to mess with the database on my own, i do know how it works but still... I'll try with the support team. 

Thanks again