using images in KB articles

snake

In the KB articles, how can you use/choose images that you have already uploaded? There doesn't seem to be any option to browse images.

This seems like a ridiculous function to exclude in the editor, as it means I have to continuously upload duplicate images or keep going back to other articles to copy and paste them.

10 hours ago, snake said:

In the KB articles, how can you use/choose images that you have already uploaded? There doesn't seem to be any option to browse images.

didn't it take them years (decade?) to add an image upload option to kb articles... and now you want to browse them! 🙂

if all the images were in the same folder, I suppose you could use SmartFTP to view the thumbnails and then drag/drop them to WHMCS where appropriate.... but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for WHMCS to add the option.

As I said, I followed a different path. I am not using neither TinyMCE  nor its file uploader nor WHMCS KB. As for the rest, it's pretty normal to have hundreds or thousands of files if you publish contents consistently. Especially when the same image is available in multiple formats (low to high resolution).

Edited by Kian

I can assure you it is definitely not normal for people to have hundreds of thousands of random files in their KB.
You would need to have an abnormally huge KB for this to be true. 

Most people only have images in their KB, not random files. This would also be a massive security issue as well to allow any random filetype to be uploaded to your KB.

WHMCS also does not upload images in multiple sizes/resolutions, I think you are confusing WHMCS with WordPress.

that said, even most WordPress websites do not even have anywhere near that many images.

Is this the holy inquisition? 😂

First. Images are files. I have many files. 99% are images. But there are also PDF and zip archives. I'm not "racist" 😉

Second. TinyMCE puts all files in the same directory meaning that if you implement the option to browse files you'll see all files in the KB. When I'm editing article #1 I don't want to see images of article #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7... The fact that you have few files in not an excuse for a bad design in the upload/browse functionality.

Third. When did I say I allow people to upload any type of file? As for security, I wasn't born yesterday.

Fouth. For the third time, I repeat that I am not using WHMCS KB.

Fifth. I am not confusing WHMCS with WordPress. I'm using WHMCS as WordPress. Like I said, I used a custom approach. I needed file uploader for articles years ago. When WHMCS implemented the upload functionality I was already uploading files (and browsing them) years in advance. As for WHMCS, it will probably take a decade for file browser.

Sixth. I can name millions of WordPress websites with thousands of images. Google says it's used by MTV, Walt Disney, BBC, Microsoft, Mozilla,  Ted, cPanel, IBM... not to mention newspapers. I bet they have a fair share of images.

Edited by Kian