Ticket shown wrong client information

asil

Hi,

I'm facing a problem in a ticket that shown wrong client name and email for example shown XYZ Staff instead of the real account name also with different email registered to another contact account.. also market in Orange as External User

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I also have this issue.

The hotfix has been applied - but no way to know if it's working fine.

Also - I suppose I will have to amend the ticket in the database to get it to show the correct client?  Is there any easier way to change the name / email of the ticket requestor ?  

Edited by sol2010

John won't help with this.. WHMCS have pushed this issue to 8.1.. so you'll have to wait until then for the fixes. Both these bugs are a bad as each other.. I guess you just have to take you pick on which one you are prepared to put up with. For me, having other users appear in customers tickets makes it appear to be a security/privacy breach. So, I installed the patch and have had to cope with customers giving up submitting tickets from the frontend. Many of my customers are affected, but the perception of a security/privacy breach is more important to me.

Just now, xyzulu said:

John won't help with this.. WHMCS have pushed this issue to 8.1.. so you'll have to wait until then for the fixes. Both these bugs are a bad as each other.. I guess you just have to take you pick on which one you are prepared to put up with. For me, having other users appear in customers tickets makes it appear to be a security/privacy breach. So, I installed the patch and have had to cope with customers giving up submitting tickets from the frontend. Many of my customers are affected, but the perception of a security/privacy breach is more important to me.

Yes indeed

I would rather allow people to contact me. However, you are right, this is indeed a serious privacy breach .

I am astounded that WHMCS are quiet about it and the previously mentioned patch is still up on the site.

2 hours ago, xyzulu said:

WHMCS have pushed this issue to 8.1.. so you'll have to wait until then for the fixes.

it will be interesting to see what WHMCS do on this with regards to v8 - in that, we now know the bug is caused by their hotfix, and not a new bug within the core code... I think there is precedence for them updating broken hotfixes rather than expecting them to release a new hotfix for a new bug in a previous v8 version.

5 hours ago, brian! said:

it will be interesting to see what WHMCS do on this with regards to v8 - in that, we now know the bug is caused by their hotfix, and not a new bug within the core code... I think there is precedence for them updating broken hotfixes rather than expecting them to release a new hotfix for a new bug in a previous v8 version.

I agree. They should get this sorted before moving on.

To quote a famous duo... "That's another fine mess...."

Sadly, this is no laughing matter. Do we have any ETA on 8.1 ?

• 3 weeks later...

When NOT using this hotfix:

Is it only the visual information that is wrong? Does the email reply still get assigned to the correct customer/ticket?

I just discovered this buggy hotfix and have reverted it to allow people to open tickets again as a guest...

If so I will just edit the client area template so people don't think there's a security issue (when it's just a silly WHMCS bug).

5 hours ago, Georgesosk said:

When NOT using this hotfix:

Is it only the visual information that is wrong? Does the email reply still get assigned to the correct customer/ticket?

I just discovered this buggy hotfix and have reverted it to allow people to open tickets again as a guest...

If so I will just edit the client area template so people don't think there's a security issue (when it's just a silly WHMCS bug).

I would suggest to update to 8.1 - the issue is solved.

Hard to say what is seen by the wrong customer, but it is a privacy breach for sure and the wrong name shows against tickets etc... I think it's a DB bug, so not something that could be fixed easily in the code.

17 hours ago, sol2010 said:

I think it's a DB bug, so not something that could be fixed easily in the code.

i'd be inclined to think it was a coding issue - the original code caused one issue; the hotfix solved that issue, but created a new one - both seem to have been solved in v8.1