How to test Gocardless

Hello,

Can anyone elaborate on how the gocardless payment gateway can be tested?

No docs on it and cannot find anything in the community specifically about it...

Added it in as a payment gateway but it just hooks up to the live account (via a whmcs.com url i may add which got my eyebrows up!).

We have a gocardless dev account: https://manage-sandbox.gocardless.com/ but nothing in the settings OR when trying to connect initially allows to use that.

Just want to test and ensure its working and above all see if its going to be a good option for our customers...

On 10/27/2020 at 4:27 PM, brian! said:

I don't think the default GC module has ever supported using the sandbox - although the Nifty commercial module does.

@brian! thanks for confirming. I saw that in a few threads I have read. The default modules has some raving reviews (NOT) the nifty one looks very good. Not sure if its compatiable with the latest version v8.0.4 though.... maybe the author can comment? dont know there id? @niftyalert

36 minutes ago, Manchester Web Hosting said:

I saw that in a few threads I have read. The default modules has some raving reviews (NOT) the nifty one looks very good.

i've had a few clients that have raved about the nifty module...

37 minutes ago, Manchester Web Hosting said:

Not sure if its compatible with the latest version v8.0.4 though

the v8.0.4 incremental patch was 362KB - it's nothing more that a couple of hotfixes really (v8.0.3 incremental was 26MB - so you can see the difference in the bugs they're addressing!).

there's nothing in the changelog about GC, and so I assume if it works with v8.0.3, there will be nothing in v8.0.4 that should break it.

40 minutes ago, Manchester Web Hosting said:

maybe the author can comment? dont know there id?

it will be @in2computing - though they haven't logged in for 18 months.

4 minutes ago, brian! said:

the v8.0.4 incremental patch was 362KB - it's nothing more that a couple of hotfixes really (v8.0.3 incremental was 26MB - so you can see the difference in the bugs they're addressing!).

@brian! yea, you never know tho!

4 minutes ago, brian! said:

i've had a few clients that have raved about the nifty module...

so far all the reviews have been really good.

there is a thread i read some time ago which I cant seeem to find now about how to implement it it on checkout or how to hide it for the first payment. Think you wrote a hook for it... That looked promising from what I remeber though the clinets pay first time with a a card but then have to update the option to pay with DD. Not ideal. Prerable if during checkout they could add in dd details and then make there 1st payment with a card but subsequently it reverts to the DD... no sure if thats even possible. Unlike many we have a lot of lazy clients 🤔

The nifty one, I'm told by speaking to them, works with 8.0.3 (so I suspect 8.0.4 will be fine). We have used nifty for about 2 years, perfect product and wonderful support.

At present we have decided not to move over to the 8* series of releases as too much I read is concerning us at present.

4 minutes ago, Manchester Web Hosting said:

@aquiss thanks for the info. Looking at getting that addon as its looks fab. Sadly need to use it on latest v8.0.4 and it has bugs galore at the moment. Think its infected with covid 😵

At present version 8 has too many concerning showstoppers for us to consider upgrading too.

1 minute ago, Manchester Web Hosting said:

Yup, thats why we havent upgraded a live production install yet. v8 way to buggy but we needed it for a new project so thought hey why not use the latest! what a bad idea 😷

I think the biggest issue is they have changed how a few things work, both on Admin, but also on API calls, that they have not warned before hand would be changing. You can't have businesses using a system for years to suddenly find scripts and systems suddenly don't work.

WHMCS is a great product, when it works, but heck, talking to it's community and engaging with us all, leaves a lot to be desired.

1 hour ago, aquiss said:

You can't have businesses using a system for years to suddenly find scripts and systems suddenly don't work.

exavtly, it could cripple your business overnight!

1 hour ago, aquiss said:

WHMCS is a great product, when it works, but heck, talking to it's community and engaging with us all, leaves a lot to be desired.

totally agree, great product been using it for years and as you said talking and engaging with the community would defo help to make it an even greater product. Alas thats not going to happen any time soon 😞

19 minutes ago, brian! said:

isn't there a Nightingale hospital in Manchester that we could move v8 to and leave it there in isolation until a vaccine comes along ? 😷

LOL, yes but I think its full up. They will just have to self isolate... Actaully i thnk thats what they been doing for a couple of years now?!

Apologies everyone, we have been inactive in the community for a while now. We will be active from now on.

Yes, our Nifty GoCardless Direct Debit add-on is 100% compatible with WHMCS 8.x version.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns except for how to disinfect COVID from WHMCS 8 version :)

Regards

Yogi

• 2 months later...
On 11/1/2020 at 10:38 PM, in2computing said:

Apologies everyone, we have been inactive in the community for a while now. We will be active from now on.

Yes, our Nifty GoCardless Direct Debit add-on is 100% compatible with WHMCS 8.x version.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns except for how to disinfect COVID from WHMCS 8 version :)

Regards

Yogi

It is now compatible with 8.1 too