addon for auto release module

snake

I need some additional functionality for the auto release module.

When using the auto release module on any product or addon, it just creates a ticket with a completely useless message about a service ID.

I want the ability to specify the exact text that gets added to the ticket, which will state what it is for and why it has been created.

Or alternately, create a new category for email templates called "auto release message " allow me to choose messages from this category in the auto release module.

This should also  allow me to insert the shortcodes for the client fields and product/addons fields 

12 hours ago, snake said:

I need some additional functionality for the auto release module.

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/ability-to-customize-ticket-created-by-autorelease

I don't see the point of locking requests like that...

I want the ability to specify the exact text that gets added to the ticket, which will state what it is for and why it has been created.

perhaps another way to think of it, is to let AR do its thing, but then use the hook/API to update the content/subject etc of that newly created ticket based on your rules/conditions.

the content of these emails are predefined, so you should be able to extract the service ID value and get more details about the actual service is relates to and adjust content accordingly.

possibly if AR was creating todo items rather than tickets, then the Enhanced To Do widget that I posted years ago could be used - as that could hyperlink service IDs to their service pages.

Or alternately, create a new category for email templates called "auto release message " allow me to choose messages from this category in the auto release module.

This should also  allow me to insert the shortcodes for the client fields and product/addons fields 

if you wanted a commercial solution for this, it might be worth taking a look at Service Notification - as that would allow you to set custom messages.

Service Notifications is ideally suited for products that do not have their own server module and require manual intervention. The module is similar to the Auto Release module of WHMCS, but offers further configuration options.

The biggest advantage is, that the admin tickets are not created via the customer account, as in the Auto Release module of WHMCS, but via a customer specified by you, which acts as a bot. This way the customer can not close the ticket created by WHMCS so that you overlook the message.

You can create individual notifications with your own text for each product. The following events are supported:

• Service Creation
  • Service Suspension
  • Service Unsuspension
  • Service Termination

The events can be deactivated or activated per product and can the message of the tickets is freely editable. For example, you can add instructions for your staff on how to proceed to the ticket.

15938-892-bbe2aadf43a844e7d5c765e2a95a0a

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/ability-to-customize-ticket-created-by-autorelease

I don't see the point of locking requests like that...

This could be a whole new discussion on the point of why WHMCS do the things they do  🙂
I voted on that request 2 years ago...

if you wanted a commercial solution for this, it might be worth taking a look at Service Notification - as that would allow you to set custom messages.

This looks like exactly what I want thanks.... I did look for solutions but never found this. They would probably do well to put the words "auto release alternative" somwehere to make it easier to find 🙂

• 2 weeks later...