Domain search not accurate

Hi,

I'm using WHMCS but the domain search results are very bad.

What could be the problem? I can't find anything strange in the log files.

The problem is that most of the time it says: "The charachters do not match" (Google ReCaptcha problem?) or it says that the domain isn't available while it stil is (see attachments).

Does it have something to do with a lookup provider?

Cheers.

screeen01.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

4 minutes ago, jeebee123 said:

Does it have something to do with a lookup provider?

if your lookup provider doesn't sell .nl domains, then WHMCS will probably resort to using whois lookups - and for .nl, I think there is still a 15 search limit per day on port 43.... 500 per day if you use the website...

23 minutes ago, brian! said:

does the same thing still occur with the Six template? what happens if you turn off Recaptcha ??

Hmm strange. When Recaptcha is off the charachter problem is solved. I think there goes something wrong.

I disabled it for the domain checker.

29 minutes ago, brian! said:

if your lookup provider doesn't sell .nl domains, then WHMCS will probably resort to using whois lookups - and for .nl, I think there is still a 15 search limit per day on port 43.... 500 per day if you use the website...

That could be the problem. Is there a way to change the server? I can't find the includes/whoisserver.php anymore.

1 minute ago, jeebee123 said:

Hmm strange. When Recaptcha is off the character problem is solved. I think there goes something wrong.

that could be an issue with the custom template - with recaptcha on, it should work with Six & standard cart - disabling it in domainchecker will remove the issue though!

3 minutes ago, jeebee123 said:

That could be the problem. Is there a way to change the server? I can't find the includes/whoisserver.php anymore.

it was moved a few years back - custom whois entries would now be put in /resources/domains/whois.json - and the format is slightly different too.

https://docs.whmcs.com/WHOIS_Servers