account number generate hook

Hello Everyone.

hope all are fine. can someone help me to modify this code a little so i can achieved what i am looking for.

basically i have hook file for a client custom field. what the hook does is when i create a new customer its create a random 8 digit number for the custom field Account Number.

its fine until now but the problem is

1. This hook doesn't check the existing value in the database , so there is chance to create the duplicate account number and we cant allocate same account for two customer.

2. once the Account created and we have the account number then any admin or staff can modify the client details form and easily change the account number. and this is another dangerous point.

we cant change the account number for any customer. once we create the customer we will have permanent account number for that customer.

so what can i do in this case with this hook? i have given the code in here.

thanks again in advance

<?php

use Carbon\Carbon;
if (!defined("WHMCS"))
    die("This file cannot be accessed directly");

function AccountNumber($vars) {
    $userid = $vars['userid'];
    $command = 'UpdateClient';
    $values = array(
        'clientid' =>  $userid,
        'customfields' => base64_encode(serialize(['Account Number'=>rand(11111111,99999999)]))
    );
    $results = localAPI($command, $values);
    if ($results['result'] == 'success') {
        logActivity('Success :  Customer ID set successfully to User # '.$userid);
    } else {
        logActivity('Error :  Customer ID could not be set to User # '.$userid.'. Response : '.$results['result']);
    }
}

add_hook("ClientAdd",1,"AccountNumber");