Importing Domains 2020

DeWebDude

Hello,

I have used WHMCS and enom together for a long time, and back in the day this never worked.
I did some reading and I'm not seeing the addition of this function.

I'm trying to get WHMCS during a sync or other process to get newly registered domains from enom and import them so I can assign them to clients and have them get renewal notifications.
I know we can "manually" enter them in or if I get a little crazy drop them in the DB, but the sync function would be the best way.

I appreciate any info...

thanks!

Currently, the only way to get newly registered domains into WHMCS is to manually enter the domains via an order in WHMCS, we don't currently have a sync for domain names function built in yet and from what I can see not something we have on in our next release.

Are you ordering your new domains from WHMCS or from eNom Direct?

We purchase from the enom side.
It feels almost like a neglected function, imagine if you are new and have to manually buy 400 domains into the system.

Considering we're calling the domain functionality SYNC... it should do that... of course thats just my opinion.

Thanks for the quick response!!

Edited by DeWebDude

We aren't a traditional hosting company, we are IT and the domain side of the business was in place way before we used whmcs,  plus bulk register on enom vs 1 at a time, pick client etc on WHMCS

Edited by DeWebDude

5 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Currently, the only way to get newly registered domains into WHMCS is to manually enter the domains via an order in WHMCS, we don't currently have a sync for domain names function built in yet and from what I can see not something we have on in our next release.

technically, it isn't the only way - if you could export the list of enom domains etc into a csv file, you can import them via MySQL... for the odd domain, I wouldn't bother - if you're looking at importing hundreds, then it's worth considering.

Yes, I do have a little script and push those into MySQL, but we know thats not the best way, it works and luckily we are programmers so we are at least a little better suited to do it.
The thing is we don't run that daily, so a name could be in our enom for months before it's in WHMCS, so sync just makes sense.

Thanks

13 hours ago, DeWebDude said:

Yes, I do have a little script and push those into MySQL, but we know that's not the best way, it works and luckily we are programmers so we are at least a little better suited to do it.

is there an existing better way ?

13 hours ago, DeWebDude said:

The thing is we don't run that daily, so a name could be in our enom for months before it's in WHMCS, so sync just makes sense.

domain import sync, in the way you describe it, has never existed within the core WHMCS program - I daresay not least because every registrar could employ a different API method for doing so, and certainly so APIs wouldn't support it (not even now).

the feature exists in current and previous third-party addons for a few registrars, e.g many moons ago, there used to be a commercial addon for eNom, eNom Pro, that included importing existing client domains as one of it's features - it got abandoned before v7 was released I think, but their code is available on a GitHub if you think you can fix it for your own purposes (even if it's just the import feature).

https://github.com/CircleTree/enom_pro

I would have thought that if it's not even on WHMCS' radar for the next release (v8), then you won't see it in the core program this year.