WHMCS order page stuck in chrome browser

I am facing a critical issue, my whmcs complete order page stuck in chrome browser. The complete order button keep on loading and don't redirect to gateway page. Attached pic for reference.

It is working fine in Mozilla firefox, opera browser.

In the console, I am getting the following

"[DOM] Multiple forms should be contained in their own form elements; break up complex forms into ones that represent a single action: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) <form method=?"post" action=?"https:?/?/?myule.com/?folder

?cart.php?a=checkout&submit=1" name=?"orderfrm" id=?"frmCheckout">?…?</form>?"

Capture.PNG

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @rabijit,

Does the issue persists if you switch to the stock "six" template temporarily?

.../cart.php?a=checkout?systpl=six

If the issue doesn't occur on the stock template, then that indicates something in your custom template is preventing the checkout form being submitted properly.

Hi John, I was using default six theme without any customization or add on. Now downgraded to WHMCS 7.X for the time being.  

30 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @rabijit,

Does the issue persists if you switch to the stock "six" template temporarily?

.../cart.php?a=checkout?systpl=six

If the issue doesn't occur on the stock template, then that indicates something in your custom template is preventing the checkout form being submitted properly.

17 minutes ago, EvolveWebHosting said:

Interesting. A couple of customers have reported this to us and they are Windows users. It doesn't seem to happen for everyone but I can confirm it happens for some.

Also now I switched to WHMCS captcha from Google invisible recaptcha

• 2 months later...

This is a very old issue. It is hard to reproduce because it doesn't happen all the time. This seems to be related to a server timeout and the JavaScript just keeps loading forever.

If you check your server logs there will be some timeout internally. Basically the JavaScript on that form has no timeout and does not fail gracefully when there is no respond back from the server. The effect is that visitors will see the loading button for ever without any change. The same issue happens on some payment buttons as well. At least I experienced this before several time on testing on different WHMCS versions.

As for the captcha, this is my personal opinion, but you should not activate a Google service on your forms if you value visitors privacy. Google reCaptcha is basically sending all your visitors data back to Google and this might not be in compliance with your privacy policy. I never had an issue with the WHMCS build in CAPTCHA, but I also would advise WHMCS to build in some alternatives to Google like hCaptcha which uses the same Google API code and implementing this would probably 1 line of code in WHMCS. And as opposed to helping Google build their AI, that service will pay users for every captcha solved.

Edited by yggdrasil

1 minute ago, yggdrasil said:

This is a very old issue. It is hard to reproduce because it doesn't happen all the time. This seems to be related to a server timeout and the JavaScript just keeps loading forever.

If you check your server logs there will be some timeout internally. Basically the JavaScript on that form has no timeout and does not fail gracefully when there is no respond back from the server. The effect is that visitors will see the loading button for ever without any change. The same issue happens on some payment buttons as well.

No, it is not for server side issue. It is recaptcha issue. I disabled recaptcha on checkout page and issue is gone.

13 minutes ago, rabijit said:

No, it is not for server side issue. It is recaptcha issue. I disabled recaptcha on checkout page and issue is gone.

The screenshot you posted has no recaptcha on the checkout page. I have never used Google recaptcha on my installation before and I also experienced that same issue.

Edited by yggdrasil