how can I make cron run a job right now, for testing/debugging? without changing the schedule!

Hello there

Sometimes if my crons fails due to php mismatch or whatever issues with website, and, to avoid waiting more 24 hours, after a fix, I would usually change it manually on WHMCS Setup> automation settings  to next hour, according to currently time.

image.png.1b4296df1fc89539a784b01a29bff818.png

How to make crons RUN now, to execute send invoices, reminder, etc etc.?

1 hour ago, brian! said:

you can run it from the browser, or via the server command line...

😬 I am afraid that my cron is not in public_html directory, so I guess first option web-browser is not possible!!

1 hour ago, brian! said:

or via the server command line...

😣 also I think SSH is not available on my cpanel

I have overpass this issue.

But I guess running cron from website http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs/crons/cron.php does not start automatically backup with that command ( I mean, creating a full cpanel backup and send it via SCP or FTP to other desired location).

I am restructuring my backups setting, so  I need to test it after implementing and not waiting 24 hours to see if it work. How can I enforce auto-backup process if this way do not work?

I use the following hook to run cron jobs whenever I want on my dev systems. It automatically adds a button on top of your WHMCS (the organge one in the screenshot below). When you press it...

• The "Cron last run" resets so you can run it multiple times per day
  • The "Time of Day" is autoimatically set to current hour
  • The cron runs via curl()

whmcs-live-demo.png.4481891255465dbe1aa9b51869c55d74.png

Keep in mind that I'm just copy/pasting my script that assumes cron.php is in ROOT/crons directory. As I said earlier, I use it on dev installations of WHMCS where I don't need to move crons directory. You surely need to change it so that it can run your cron.php file that is above "www".

<?php

/**
 * Add button to run WHMCS Daily Cron Job on click
 * @package     WHMCS
 * @author      Kian
 */

use WHMCS\Database\Capsule;

add_hook('AdminAreaHeaderOutput', 1, function($vars)
{
    // Simulazione Cron
    if ($_GET['simulatecron'])
    {
        $SystemURL = Capsule::table('tblconfiguration')->where('setting', 'SystemURL')->first(['value'])->value;
        Capsule::table('tblconfiguration')->where('setting', 'lastDailyCronInvocationTime')->update(['value' => '']);
        Capsule::table('tblconfiguration')->where('setting', 'DailyCronExecutionHour')->update(['value' => date('H')]);

$ch = curl_init();
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $SystemURL . 'crons/cron.php');
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);

$output = curl_exec($ch);
        curl_close($ch);
    }

$output = <<<HTML
<style>
.katademo1 { color:#fff !important; background-color:#eaae53 !important;}
</style>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).on('ready', function(){
    $('body>.topbar>.pull-left').append('<a href="index.php?simulatecron=1" title="Each press simulates the Daily Cron of WHMCS" class="update-now katademo1" id="simulatingcronjob">Run Daily CronJob <i class="fa"></i></a>');

$("#simulatingcronjob").on('click', function(e){
        if (confirm('Simulating the Cron Job might take a few minutes. Please be patient.'))
        {
            $(e.currentTarget).find('.fa').addClass('fa-pulse fa-spinner');
        }
		else
		{
			e.preventDefault();
		}
    });
});
</script>
HTML;

return $output;