Dmain prices based on countries

Ghaith

Hello,

Does someone know if there is any way to set domain prices based on countries? For example, for the same domain TLD, I want to be 10$ for Spain and 12$ for other countries.

Is there any trick or module to do that?

Kind regards,

14 hours ago, Ghaith said:

Does someone know if there is any way to set domain prices based on countries? For example, for the same domain TLD, I want to be 10$ for Spain and 12$ for other countries.

Is there any trick or module to do that?

not from settings or configuration.

generally speaking, a TLD can only have one price per currency per year... the exception would be Client Groups, and their pricing slabs, but that wouldn't particularly help you with new customers.

possibly using a geo IP solution, alongside a domain pricing override hook, would be a start - but IP locations can be faked,so there's no guarantee that would be 100% successful - even if you confirmed IP against registered country.

you could take a look in Marketplace, but i'm not aware of such a module.

generally speaking, a TLD can only have one price per currency per year... the exception would be Client Groups, and their pricing slabs, but that wouldn't particularly help you with new customers.

The problem here is that new customers will not be added to that group automatically.

possibly using a geo IP solution, alongside a domain pricing override hook, would be a start - but IP locations can be faked,so there's no guarantee that would be 100% successful - even if you confirmed IP against registered country.

Actually, I'm using GeoIP Location module, I'll take a look at WHMCS' documentation to see if it is possible to override domain price but I don't think I'll be able to do it.

Let's see the problem with a new approach. Is there any way to add a special fee for some TLDs (whatever the country), the fee needs to be added automatically. For example, if someone tries to register the domain abc.fp, he'll get an invoice like this:

Domain registration: 5€

Registration Fee: 3€

Is this possible to be done with a simple configuration?  Is there any module to do this?

I'm trying the module Payment Gateway Charge from ModulesGarden but it's not possible to specify a fee for a specific TLD. It works based on the payment gateway and users (specific users or groups) but not based on product.

Thanks again for your help.

On 20/04/2020 at 15:10, Ghaith said:

The problem here is that new customers will not be added to that group automatically.

technically, they could be added automatically - but that doesn't help with detecting where they are.

Actually, I'm using GeoIP Location module, I'll take a look at WHMCS' documentation to see if it is possible to override domain price but I don't think I'll be able to do it.

once you know (or at least can make an educated guess at) where the new customer is located in the world, you can use OrderDomainPricingOverride hook to change the initial and/or recurring domain price.

Let's see the problem with a new approach. Is there any way to add a special fee for some TLDs (whatever the country), the fee needs to be added automatically.

from settings, no there isn't a way to do that.

Is this possible to be done with a simple configuration?  Is there any module to do this?

a sort of setup fee per TLD ? there's no such concept in WHMCS and i'm not aware of an addon that does this.the .. but there might be on in Marketplace that i'm not aware of.

it would be an option to use the OrderDomainOverridePricing hook to change the price, e.g from 5€ to 8€, but that doesn't help if you need to change what the registration fee will be depending on their users location.

you could do it through invoice coding, but I suspect it might be more complicated than the first idea of locating where they are and changing the domain pricing.

I'm trying the module Payment Gateway Charge from ModulesGarden but it's not possible to specify a fee for a specific TLD. It works based on the payment gateway and users (specific users or groups) but not based on product.

I think the only way to use Payment Gateway Charger would be to specify a custom gateway for each TLD, but that's an even worse solution than the other two. ☺️

On 4/17/2020 at 10:16 PM, Ghaith said:

Keep attention, because this for EU is strictly forbidden: if you offer something to spanish, italian, or french citizens/entities, the price need to be exactly the same.

While you're free to bill russian and canadians whatever you want... 

Hello,

Thank you guys for your help.

So, the simple manner I find is to use the module GeoIP to assign a specific currency for users from a specific country and I've applied the specific price for this currency. To avoid confusion, I hided the currency selector from the template so users from this specific country can see only the currency I specified for them with the matching prices.

I didn't code anything since some years so I'm trying to understand how it works with the hooks of WHMCS, that's why I was looking for the simplest way to do it. It's not the optimal solution but I think it's the simplest one.

If someone else wants to make the same and need more details, I would be happy to give some help.

1 hour ago, Kian said:

IMO there's no need to GeoIP anyone. Just base the entire thing on tblclients.country (customer country). I can't fake it since it's used to register domains and get invoices.

Yes, could work, the problem is probably the price is showing steps before they are in the country (and name, address, etc) filling out section.

But in this way you don't need to worry about GeoIP. The only moment you can't apply the discount is for newly registered users placing their first order. Anyway you could still adjust the price with an action hook a moment before the issuing of proforma.

Back to GeoIP, I have a feeling. As soon as people realize they can get discounts based on location they'll start to use proxies to visit Spain and register .es then quickly move to Italy to register a .it and so on.

11 hours ago, Kian said:

Just base the entire thing on tblclients.country (customer country). I can't fake it since it's used to register domains and get invoices.

but you're not sending invoices out in the post, so what's to stop someone entering a false country during checkout to take advantage of a price discount (assuming fraud country mismatch is not being used) ?

they can update the domain details after registration if they need to.

8 hours ago, Kian said:

As soon as people realize they can get discounts based on location they'll start to use proxies to visit Spain and register .es then quickly move to Italy to register a .it and so on.

precisely.

On 23/04/2020 at 15:12, Ghaith said:

So, the simple manner I find is to use the module GeoIP to assign a specific currency for users from a specific country and I've applied the specific price for this currency. To avoid confusion, I hided the currency selector from the template so users from this specific country can see only the currency I specified for them with the matching prices.

remember that you really only need to do this for new customers - once a client is registered and logged in, they cannot change their currency - even if they wanted to take advantage of discount pricing in other currencies, they would have to register another account using that currency.