WHMCS for 1 month

FedericoSV

Question

Hello everyone, I'm considering to buy WHMCS. But I have a pre-sale question:

If I pay WHMCS only for the first month and I will not pay any more for the next months, will I be allowed to use the first-month license without receiving updates? And if I want to receive specific updates, I'll pay it again for another month. Because I'm not interested to receive minor updates every month.

Am I allowed to do this? Thanks in advance.

FedericoSV. 

5 answers to this question

16 hours ago, FedericoSV said:

If I pay WHMCS only for the first month and I will not pay any more for the next months, will I be allowed to use the first-month license without receiving updates?

if you bought a monthly licence on 1st April, you would be able to use it for the entire month of April;

however, if you then don't renew the license from the 1st May, the client area will continue to work, but you will no longer be able to log into the admin area - that will remain the case until you renew the license again.

• WHMCS Customer Service

Hi @FedericoSV

Should you need to let your monthly license be suspended for non-payment, your WHMCS will keep functioning for your existing clients and to receive new orders, thanks to the automation configured at installation time. The license can be suspended/unsuspended at any time upon payment of the renewal fee for the current month. It will need to be active in order to receive software updates, technical support, but most importantly to access the admin area of your installation and manage your orders/clients.

Hello, thanks for your answer. I'm considering starting a little host (with the hope to let grow it), and I don't have all these amounts of money to pay a normal license. I noticed that WHMCS has a Starter license which costs $15,95

May I have more information about this license? Such as clients' limit and support type? Will I receive technical updates and other features?

Thanks a lot for the response.
Kind regards.

FedericoSV.

On 18/04/2020 at 18:39, FedericoSV said:

I don't have all these amounts of money to pay a normal license. I noticed that WHMCS has a Starter license which costs $15,95

that's a monthly price - not a one-off payment.

Such as clients' limit and support type?

it will be the same as Plus (250 Active Clients), but with the "Powered by WHMComplete Solution" branding on every page in the client area.

support level will be the same as Plus, e.g you'll be able to open tickets with support, sales etc as long as the license is active.

Will I receive technical updates and other features?

again, as long as it's active, e.g you keep renewing it monthly.

it might be worth looking for hosting companies in your region that offer reseller hosting, as these accounts will often include a free WHMCS license (which is usually a branded Starter license) - you're going to need to purchase hosting at some point anyway to offer accounts to your clients and resellers can often provide licenses cheaper than WHMCS - just ensure that you choose a hosting company that offers legitimate WHMCS licenses!

On 4/18/2020 at 1:39 PM, FedericoSV said:

Hello, thanks for your answer. I'm considering starting a little host (with the hope to let grow it), and I don't have all these amounts of money to pay a normal license. I noticed that WHMCS has a Starter license which costs $15,95

May I have more information about this license? Such as clients' limit and support type? Will I receive technical updates and other features?

Thanks a lot for the response.
Kind regards.

FedericoSV.

The license costs $15,95 per month. You will have to pay that every month to keep using the software. WHMCS does not sell owned licenses anymore. It is a permanent lease/rent.