Approve new accounts

aonap

Hello,

It would be great to add a feature that will allow us to manually verify new clients.

We have used Ubersmith in the past and they've got a feature whereby the account of the client is not created until the order has been approved. This was so helpful to minimize fraudulent activity, also get to verify orders as they come.

I would be interested to hear what the community thinks on this feature.

Cheers

On 11/04/2020 at 03:28, aonap said:

It would be great to add a feature that will allow us to manually verify new clients.

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/new-account-vetting-disable-new-account-activation-or-set-new-account-to-inactive

On 11/04/2020 at 03:28, aonap said:

I would be interested to hear what the community thinks on this feature.

it's been discussed for years that accounts are automatically created upon registration... you can't really  prevent that creation from occurring, but a thought occurred to me thinking about this and it would be interesting to see if it works....

You can overcome the issue with an action hook. On InvoicePaid check if the customer is "new" with a query like this one:

SELECT id AS invoices FROM tblinvoices WHERE userid = :userid AND status = "Paid" LIMIT 1

If false, the customer is "new" so you can do your things. For example you could temporarily abort the invoice and issue it at a later stage once you approved him. This way you don't risk to create invoices for fraudulent orders. For this part of course more effort is required but protects you.

18 hours ago, Kian said:

If false, the customer is "new" so you can do your things.

I think the point is that he wants to review clients whether they've paid an invoice or not.

20 hours ago, aonap said:

I think it needs to be implemented ASAP

WHMCS internal development does not move fast at the best of times, so ASAP is an alien concept... the above request only had 2 votes in 5 years, so is not going to be implemented any time soon... and even if they were going to do it, it would more than likely be in a major release, so v8 at the earliest much later in the year.