Best place to install WHMCS for security

Hi, I am new to WHMCS and have it installed in a subdirectory "billing" on my wordpress install.  Is this ok in terms of security?  I plan to also add the Sucuri CDN/Firewall to the whole site.  We are setting this whole thing up now, so if I need to put it in a subdomain, now is the time.

Thanks!

You should keep them on two separate hosting accounts otherwise cracking WordPress with a backdoor will automatically grant access to WHMCS.

WordPress is a popular target for crackers since it's widely used. Moreover there are a lot of third-party plugins that provide further flaws to exploit.

You can live with a cracked WordPress but it's not the same with WHMCS. Crackers could compromise all your servers, steal sensitive details about your customers and eventually try to transfer domains.

In conclusion keep them on two separate hosting packages.