Client's hosting order: received payment but automatic provisioning has failed

Brandwise

I have been having problems with WHMCS. I have been trying to figure it out for 3 years and every time I try to buy something for a client or have them try to buy something goes wrong. I just had a client login to her account and buy her own hosting. The billing went through, but I got a message that 'the automatic provisioning has failed'. When I look at her account, the hosting product status is 'Pending'. Is this due to a setting that always requires manual completion? 

I seem to struggle to get client's hosting or domain renewals to just auto-renew. I have trouble getting domain names to sync with the registrar.

Is there something I am overlooking or have set up incorrectly to be causing these issues?

As for this client, do I just mark the hosting status as 'Active'?

Also, clients often go inactive even though they have products that renew each year. I share all this stuff in case it is connected as I just do not know anymore. Thank you!

12 minutes ago, Brandwise said:

I have been having problems with WHMCS. I have been trying to figure it out for 3 years and every time I try to buy something for a client or have them try to buy something goes wrong. I just had a client login to her account and buy her own hosting. The billing went through, but I got a message that 'the automatic provisioning has failed'. When I look at her account, the hosting product status is 'Pending'. Is this due to a setting that always requires manual completion? 

https://docs.whmcs.com/Provisioning_Issues

15 minutes ago, Brandwise said:

Is there something I am overlooking or have set up incorrectly to be causing these issues?

https://docs.whmcs.com/Order_Management#Accepting_Pending_Orders

19 minutes ago, Brandwise said:

As for this client, do I just mark the hosting status as 'Active'?

that wouldn't provision the account with the server.... from your other posts, i'm assuming this is being caused by the OpenSRS Pro module...

21 minutes ago, Brandwise said:

Also, clients often go inactive even though they have products that renew each year.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Automation_Settings#Client_Status_Update

sounds as though you may have the last option enabled (e.g they haven't logged in for a few months)...

Client Status Update

WHMCS automatically sets clients with no active products/services to Inactive status, this helps you to distinguish and filter clients effectively. However you can stop WHMCS from doing this by changing this setting. More information on this feature is available in Client Management.

Disabled - The status of a client will not be changed automatically

Change client status based on active/inactive products - If a client has no active or suspended products/services then their account will automatically be set to Inactive status when the cron job next runs.

Change client status based on active/inactive products and not logged in for longer than 3 months - In addition to the above option, a client's account will only be set to inactive when their last login date was over 3 months ago.

5 hours ago, Brandwise said:

I seem to be getting an Access Denied error when I try to create the module.

@Brandwise What module are you using, if you go into Utilities > Logs > Module Logs and enable this log, do you receive any further information around the error when you try to accept the order.  Generally, Access Denied is incorrect credentials or your IP being blocked.

5 hours ago, Brandwise said:

So the status of the hosting is Pending. Would making it Active hinder provisioning with the server? It sounds like this is what is recommended via this info - https://docs.whmcs.com/Order_Management#Accepting_Pending_Orders

You would still need to use the "Create Function" in the module,