Domain: I get a blank white screen when trying to manage domains

Brandwise

Okay, so I've been having a lot of problems trying to set up WHMCS. Currently, when trying to manage domains I get a blank white screen and the domain info never loads. I do not get an error message so I am not sure why this happens, but I think it is some sort of error connecting to OpenSRS. I am not sure if this is a user error where I set things up wrong or only partly and so things never connect or if it is a problem with the outdated OpenSRS Pro app.

Any ideas why I am getting this blank white screen?
Any ideas on how to troubleshoot and fix this?

Is OpenSRS a problem Registrar since they do not maintain and keep their app up-to-date?

Hi Chris,
I think I have Display Errors on right now because I was trying to figure things out. That said… I am not sure where to find reporting of those errors should I have any. I tried removing my Registrar apps and I still get a white screen when managing domain names. So that is good that it may not be OpenSRS. I also was trying to set up Rad Web Hosting API to see if this registrar would work better as their app seems to be updated more often.

Is there a place where I can check for errors?

4 minutes ago, Brandwise said:

Is there something specific I am looking for related to Domain management white screens?

i'm tempted to say anything that looks out of place, but that's not very helpful. 🙂

in addition to ticking the Display Errors checkbox, you'd need to check the Log Errors checkbox below it too - that will log any errors in the activity log (remember to turn them both off if/when the issue is resolved).

what you really need is to get your WHMCS to display more information about these error(s) - so enabling displaying errors is the first step down that road... once it starts telling you what it thinks the issue is, you'll be in a better position to solve it.

with the OpenSRS Pro addon being a third-party addon, WHMCS Support would be unlikely to help you directly with that (they would if it were an issue with the OpenSRS module that comes with WHMCS) - it might be worth contacting OpenSRS support to see which versions of WHMCS their addon supports - for years it didn't have any updates, and even though it looks like it's had 2 minor tweaks last year, I don't know if it's compatible with any version released in the last year or two.

https://help.opensrs.com/hc/en-us/articles/203953836-Troubleshoot-your-WHMCS-module

Blank screen

After performing an action with the module, I'm getting a blank screen and nothing appears to happen!

This rarely occurs, but when it does, it's usually due to a missing dependency in PHP.  Please enable 'display_errors' in the server's PHP configuration, and turn on Error Reporting in WHMCS under Setup >> General Settings >> Other

Try submitting your change once more, and this time you should see the PHP error message which offer additional details so you can resolve the issue.

I have been unable to get the problem to be recorded, what I mean is get the error to display in the activity log. When I turned on errors and or some of these other procedures it said I would get an error message instead of a blank page, this is not happening.

I am still getting this blank page whenever I do anything related to managing a domain in the admin area or in the client area. I wonder if it is a PHP error or if some of the files are corrupted. I am not sure how this happens, but it sounds like this could be a problem causing these pages to go blank.

17 hours ago, Brandwise said:

I have been unable to get the problem to be recorded, what I mean is get the error to display in the activity log. When I turned on errors and or some of these other procedures it said I would get an error message instead of a blank page, this is not happening.

it's possibly worth asking which version of WHMCS are you using... and are you using the stock admin template, e.g blend or v4, that came with that release.

17 hours ago, Brandwise said:

I am still getting this blank page whenever I do anything related to managing a domain in the admin area or in the client area. I wonder if it is a PHP error or if some of the files are corrupted. I am not sure how this happens, but it sounds like this could be a problem causing these pages to go blank.

are all your domains using the OpenSRS Pro registrar addon ?

• 7 months later...