Restrict staff to view only client on certain group

zitu4life

Hello  there

I am not sure if   this type of question  have been   posted before.

One of my  clients that  running WHMCS   software asked if   it could be  possible to  implement   on WHMCS,   I know that out of the box it can not be done.

So, this client has a company that runs business   on 2 different   States\regions, So he want    staff   on one region   to not see   all company clients. So idea is if it is possible to set   Clients group named STATE1 and   set all clients from that states. And   on company staff located at that state 1 one will have WHMCS admin login, but   can not see   for example clients that are not for their state 1.

So,   such idea is possible to be done, what is best approach to achieve this, hook?   I can not see  out there a module for that purpose.   It is possible to have   some hook to   be directed   linked in some manner staff to   some client group.

The way   WHMCS   works, any staff with   view clients admin roles will see all clients, but in real life sometimes there is privacy and policy and others   company needs that require more restrictions.

On paper it's possible. You should:

• Prevent admins assigned to STATE1 to visit customers of STATE2 via direct URL with redirects to inject via action hook on many pages
  • Every time an admin uses Search/Filter on customers all matching records should be re-filtered to make sure that they don't see customers they're not allowed to see
  • "Fix" a lot of pages and functionalities accordingly (activity log, email log, mass mail, reports...)

In my opinion using two separate installations of WHMCS is easier and cheaper.

Edited by Kian

• 7 months later...
On 17/02/2020 at 12:25 AM, Kian said:

On paper it's possible. You should:

• Prevent admins assigned to STATE1 to visit customers of STATE2 via direct URL with redirects to inject via action hook on many pages
  • Every time an admin uses Search/Filter on customers all matching records should be re-filtered to make sure that they don't see customers they're not allowed to see
  • "Fix" a lot of pages and functionalities accordingly (activity log, email log, mass mail, reports...)

In my opinion using two separate installations of WHMCS is easier and cheaper.

Hi Kian,

Sorry I'm wanting to do the same however this is slightly different. I have a website developer that wants to use our hosting for his clients and our portal. I've set up everything (roles and user group) however the problem is he can see all of our clients. I thought of maybe creating a client group for him but theres no option to force viewing that group only. Do you know how to do that?

Many Thanks

You're looking for multitenancy but WHMCS is not a multi-tenant software. WHMCS offers you administrators and users/contacts. That's it. There's no room for resellers, web agencies, sub-brands, sub-admins, sub-providers and stuff like that. For sure there's a way to achieve your goal but it would take too much time and effort. You can solve this problem in minutes by providing a reseller plan with WHMCS hosted by you (reselling WHMCS).