relid in tblinvoiceitems for custom invoice

talhaarif

Hi,

When i go through the invoiceitems table,   both type  and relid are empty for custom invoices.

Is there any way to create relid for custom invoices or to know which product is this invoice item related, 

so i can track from which product this specific invoice belongs to.

thanks

If it's a custom item, what's the point of specifying a relid? Anyway just don't do that. WHMCS uses tblinvoiceitems.relid and tblinvoiceitems.type to run automations. For example Type -> DomainRegister & Relid -> 100 will register domain with ID 100. Type -> Hosting & Relid -> 100 will renew hosting package with ID 100... I lost the count of how many "types" WHMCS uses (late fees, domain, domain renewal, addons, billing items, configurable options...).

On 22/01/2020 at 10:46, talhaarif said:

Is there any way to create relid for custom invoices or to know which product is this invoice item related,  so i can track from which product this specific invoice belongs to.

you could use the Notes tab on the invoices page to remind you what the items in each invoice are related to...

mnHXmgs.png

but if these notes are for your (admin) use only (e.g you don't want the clients to see them), then you will have to remove them from the invoice templates (both html and pdf) - either by editing the templates, or in the case of the html invoice template, by optionally using a action hook.