7.9.x: some 2ld domains unable to be transferred/registered

gp_geo

This is probably a WHMCS 7.9.x fault, but using the TPP Wholesale Registrar.

We have noted that when registering or transferring some  domain types such as domain.com.au or domain.net.au, we see an error of " *Indicates a required field". This can be ignored but we then recive a grey error screen saying  

Landing URL: /ordersadd.php

Oops! Something went wrong
    Error: Invalid TLD/Registration Period Supplied for Domain Registration

We have been using the domain standard domain registration Period of two years.

Nothing has been changed since the upgrade to 7.9.0 on Friday and 7.9.1 today. I was hoping the 7.9.1 may address this issue (always worth a try).

I have done some digging and found that not all the domains will do this.

Error found for the following domains:

domain.com.au
   * Indicates a required field

domain.net.au

domain.com
    Okay (no prompt)

Tried some others:

domain.co.uk

domain.co.nz
    Okay (no prompt)

domain.me
    Okay (no prompt)

Domain.edu.au
    Okay (no prompt)

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @gp_geo,

I've tested on my stock 7.9.1 installation, an I am able to successfully order a 2 year .com.au domain via the admin order form page without error.

Do you have any customisations in your additionalfields.php file?

There may be a syntax error therein. Try temporarily removing the file to see if the problem persists.

22 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @gp_geo,

I've tested on my stock 7.9.1 installation, an I am able to successfully order a 2 year .com.au domain via the admin order form page without error.

Do you have any customisations in your additionalfields.php file?

There may be a syntax error therein. Try temporarily removing the file to see if the problem persists.

Nope, additionalfields.php  doesn't exist in webroot/resources/domains/

I also checked the older (pre version 7.0) location of  includes/, which also doesn't have the file additionalfields.php

We haven't touch this server untill the 7.9 update, untill last Friday? (when we upgraded WHMCS to 7.9.0)

My site still has this bug, and I've submitted a support ticket, but I managed to find a work around so that I could get my .co.uk domain transferred.

Add New order, but make it a .com  and override the prices ... do not generate invoice, send email or order confirmation.
Now accept the order, but untick send to registrar etc.

Now goto the actual domain details, change it so that it's now a .co.uk  and click Transfer.

It's messy and needs fixed, but at least until they find the possible bug, its a work around.

PS Out of interest, I'm running PHP 7.3  - what version of PHP are you running gp_geo?

gp_geo, does your .au domains have an one year price on them?

It appears my issue is related to domains which do not have an "one year" price on them. This must be a new bug since v7.9.x

I have also noticed on domain which do have one year prices (e.g. .com), that I am unable to change the number of year on "Add New Order" to anything other than a year, even though the domain pricing has pricing for 2 and 5 years.

There is definatly a bug in the ordersadd.php file!

Edited by equiphase

On 1/17/2020 at 8:52 PM, equiphase said:

My site still has this bug, and I've submitted a support ticket, but I managed to find a work around so that I could get my .co.uk domain transferred.

Add New order, but make it a .com  and override the prices ... do not generate invoice, send email or order confirmation.
Now accept the order, but untick send to registrar etc.

Now goto the actual domain details, change it so that it's now a .co.uk  and click Transfer.

It's messy and needs fixed, but at least until they find the possible bug, its a work around.

PS Out of interest, I'm running PHP 7.3  - what version of PHP are you running gp_geo?

Yeah, probably a bit too messy at this stage.

PHP Version: 7.2.15

The ticket I have topen with WHMCS Support is : BNT-662698
(That may or may not help at this stage)

@gp_geo

Do the following, go into the domain pricing of any domains which do not have an one year price on them .. enable the one year, save it, disable the one year, save it.   You will now find that domain tld will work.

Looks like the domain pricing table has probrably changed in the new verison and there's a bug in the upgrade script.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi all,

We've now been able to reproduce this; thanks to everybody who assisted via support ticket. The root cause appears to be a change in the way the transfer price was stored for a disable pricing term in v7.6 and above, combined with the new domain maximum term feature added in v7.9. This seems to impact domains without a 1 year transfer price and whose pricing hasn't been updated in a few years (since applying v7.6).

As an immediate solution please:

• Navigate to Setup > Products/Services > Domain Pricing
  • Edit the TLD pricing,
  • Enable 1 year pricing.
  • Click Save Changes
  • Then disable 1 year pricing
  • Click Save Changes again

Case CORE-14199 is now logged to have this reviewed for a future release.  Once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here:

https://changelog.whmcs.com/

I apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this.

On 1/20/2020 at 9:01 PM, equiphase said:

@gp_geo

Do the following, go into the domain pricing of any domains which do not have an one year price on them .. enable the one year, save it, disable the one year, save it.   You will now find that domain tld will work.

Looks like the domain pricing table has probrably changed in the new verison and there's a bug in the upgrade script.

Hey Equiphase,

Thanks for the workaround. I didn't have time to try it earlier in the week. Sorry.