admin tags on overdue invoice is it possible?

zitu4life

Hello

I was thinking if    such idea  could be possible do be developed.

Sometimes I have lot  some overdue invoices and client calls asking to put invoices  "on hold"   or lets say to wait more   15 days or  20  days to get paid...So I do not have problem with that it   is an old client   (5 years on company, for example).   Having a tag on admin invoice sounds a great idea   if   I could fast and easily add   those tags on invoice   remembering me    instantly   why that invoice   still unpaid and keep   following-up them until it gets paid.

I know there is a invoice notes, normally we dont   go there   to read notes, and we could even do not know there is notes, but if we got a manual tag  added that invoice is highlighted so our attention  will be focus on that and also a better follow-up.  

image.png.6e3277b096aa3bb9a532e0276629a0ff.png

Is there possible   to develop such idea or it is all hard-coded?

image.thumb.png.8d8452210cdb46c1a96eec31b300cd5e.png

a tag could just be a way to indicated that , that invoice  has a notes on there, so i could add   notes there (assuming that notes will  not be visible to clients, just admin).

Edited by zitu4life

10 hours ago, zitu4life said:

Is there possible to develop such idea or it is all hard-coded?

as with many of these things, it would require a jQuery hook - if the admin pages used more templates, it would make changes like this so much easier.

10 hours ago, zitu4life said:

a tag could just be a way to indicated that , that invoice  has a notes on there, so i could add   notes there (assuming that notes will  not be visible to clients, just admin).

there would be a non-programming way to do something similar. e.g no hooks, no css, no template tweaks... just by using what's already in WHMCS. 🙂

as you may know, an invoice can have a custom number- so by default, it uses the invoice ID number (1,2,3 etc), but if you add a custom invoice number, it will use that... this feature could be hijacked for your purpose as visibly marking them "On Hold".

cpUprc9.png

kqbN7LR.png

it's not as visually  clear as your tag idea, but it would do the same job.

when you want to move it from being marked as "On Hold", just delete the custom ID number.

if you ever sent an invoice to a client when this change had been made, it would show the "On Hold" on their invoice number - but they already know that it's on hold anyway, so that shouldn't be an issue.

it will also show as being "On Hold" in the client area, but it would be simple enough to remove it from the client templates if this becomes an issue.

TwrBtRq.png

An action hook would be boring as hell. In AdminAreaHeaderOutput with jQuery first you need to retreive an array that contains the ID of all invoices listed in the table. Once you have the array run a query to select invoices that have your "placeholder" in tblinvoices.notes like follows:

SELECT id FROM tblinvoices WHERE id IN ($yourArray) AND notes LIKE '%yourPlaceholder%

Now that you know what are the invoices "On hold", run another jQuery to iterate such records and place the "On hold" label using ID in selectors.

1 hour ago, brian! said:

there would be a non-programming way to do something similar. e.g no hooks, no css, no template tweaks... just by using what's already in WHMCS. 🙂

as you may know, an invoice can have a custom number- so by default, it uses the invoice ID number (1,2,3 etc), but if you add a custom invoice number, it will use that... this feature could be hijacked for your purpose as visibly marking them "On Hold".

Actually   I didn´t   know   that I could   edit   temporally   an invoice number, I never  tried it before (I have changed due dates before but edit number not)...it   is all I need.   Impressive how you well know    WHMCS  software.

image.png.8d8264fbd4e7ac3013c3243c4965895d.png

so now I  know this invoice has notes added by staff. 

Edited by zitu4life
edited with picture