Domain Expiry Manual Invocation

JimmiSticks

Just a quick question, I am manually adding new customers domain names into my system.

Automation Settings > Domain Sync Settings > all set to default & Everything is working fine.

The problem I am having is with my workflow which is

-> Add the new user/account using Server Sync tool

-> Add the customers domain names

-> Wait for a random/magical amount of time? :D

-> Manually send customer welcome email and login details once their domain names Expiry Date has been picked up from the registrar

I can't send the customer welcome email until their domain Expiry Date has updated but I have no idea when this runs, it seems to just run when it feels like it. Could be 10 minutes could be 2 hours.

So I find myself sitting clicking refresh on the customers domain tab until the Domain Expiry date gets updated.

I have over 100 customers to add and this is going to take weeks to add everyone at this rate.

Is there a way to manully invoke the domain expiry date sync on a newly added domain name so I can get these customers into my system?

Hi @JimmiSticks

Thanks for your question.

We do outline the calls at https://docs.whmcs.com/Crons#Tasks there are three possible calls DomainStatusSync, DomainTransferSync & UpdateDomainExpiryStatus 

The Domain Sync runs depending on what you have specified under Setup > Automation Settings > Domain Expiry Sync Frequency.

Domain Expiry Sync Frequency - A value of 0 will check the domain expiration dates every 4 hours. Use this setting to specify a different frequency. The lowest frequency setting of 1 will check every hour.

The three calls are listed below

Option Legacy Option Description Frequency
--DomainStatusSync n/a Processing Domain Status Syncing for Active domains. Batches of 50. Known as DomainExpirySync in v7.7 and earlier As soon as every hour
--DomainTransferSync n/a Processing Domain Transfer Syncing for Pending Transfer domains As soon as every hour
--UpdateDomainExpiryStatus n/a Update Domain Expiry Status for domains with a past Expiry Date Daily

To manually trigger the DomainStatusSync the following command via the command line should do the trick for you

php -q /home/username/crons/cron.php do --DomainStatusSync

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@WHMCS ChrisD and what about to run DomainStatusSync for more than 100,000 domains... I'm working on an installation with such number of domains and I think that is causing issues because the domains are not changing to Grace and Redemption period along the settings we have in place.

What do you recommend in this case?

Regards