Manual Admin add a client with no valid email

zitu4life

Hello there

What is your best  practice   if you need to  manual  add a client   on admin side if this client  do not have an email address.

Since insert an email on WHMCS   when add a client is mandatory, I usually   create   a fake email to this client   to   trick  WHMCS.

Example of  fake email   I usually create:

clientphonenumber@noemail.com

so  I have several   clients   that do not have email:

589621478@noemail.com

235874958@noemail.com

When WHMCS   tries  on automation   cron to send email to these clients  it will fail   and a ticket   will be opened automatically    from   gmail says   emails   did not reach  destination (what makes sense).

There is   any better way, better   this   one I am   using   to   overpass   client s with a gap   no emails address? 💡😉

PS: also  I have  all those clients  on  a  client group  named   client with no  valid email.

I am   just trying to   improve   this rule   and see  if other   found a better   way to deal with this  scenario.

14 hours ago, zitu4life said:

There is   any better way, better   this   one I am   using   to   overpass   client s with a gap   no emails address? 💡😉

can't you use a domain that you own, possibly with a catch all mailbox, for these fake emails ?

there are addon(s) available in marketplace where your clients can use either a username or email address to login - it seems to just use a customfield for the username - that might be an option for you as then your clients won't need to have an email address, and you won't need to assign them a fake one.

there's an archived 6-year old feature request for this with 26 votes,  so I doubt WHMCS will be adding this any time soon.

On 12/4/2019 at 11:55 AM, brian! said:

can't you use a domain that you own, possibly with a catch all mailbox, for these fake emails ?

yes, did not think   in that idea before...instead of using   fake emails, I guess somtimes   I have created   fake emails with domain  that  do not belong to me...will start using  my own domain now.😎

• 5 months later...

@Kian @brian! I found a way to deal with fake emails, without coding needs, and for now it it working fine.

So, as I am using own cpanel email now, means I can create unlimited emails. So I changed my terms and use agreements, where if a client do not have any email to provide us, our company will:

1- assign an internal email (auto-email) which will be (firstname.lastname-auto-email@mydomain.com) for clients with no email;
2 - This auto email will be created manually on Cpanel (Emails Account) and restrict login on it, as nobody will use it, and also thinking in my mind it will get more secure 🙄.image.png.d2f6a28038d548f795b8316eafe126f3.png

3 - Will create an auto-respond for this emails.

image.png.522b99807135af060aeab5b63de8968f.png

4 - Now, every time, my WHMCS tries to sends an new invoice message or payment reminder or overdue, to this (auto-email), I will receive a ticket create informing me with above auto responde message.

This will avoid my WHMCS sending emails to fake emails that at sometime could reduce your IP reputation 🙄. This will help me being on top of all my clients even for those that do not have email, helping me having a better followup on them and reduce overdue invoices and communication when automation has a lack due to fake emails.👍
PS: client will no have access to this auto-email, will never login to client area.