Best practice for importing previous company amount in before WHMCS?

zitu4life

Hello there

What is best your practice to deal with  this scenario:

-   If   will   implement    WHMCS   at begging  of the year,   and a company  already   have  certain amount   at  bank, But  I want   WHMCS   to have record   of this.

Every new   amount in   will be no problem, because   it will be   linked to a client, but previous   is a gross amount   coming before   we use WHMCS.

My idea is to create   a client with  a company name  and   add credit  with   the    amount   I am   bringing before  WHMCS, is that   correct?, or should I leave that amount far of WHMCS?   there is   a better way to deal with that.

If  I  a create a client with   company name, I have  saw that  if   i ran a report  TOP 10 CLIENTS BY INCOME, I will  see   that   it will be there as a great client , what I think it is wrong, because  those amount   are from several  previous clients before WHMCS, not   one particular client named  company.

would  you want to   look to this   thread  @Kian  ?

Edited by zitu4life

27 minutes ago, Kian said:

What do you mean? 🤔 Bank = Credit balance?

Well, example:

My company   have billing   800 dollars  (paid by mail   in payment)   before using   WHMCS, and   WHMCS  aims to   sum all   COMULATIVE income. How can I   get   those 800 dollars   on WHMCS   if   after install  fresh WHMCS   income will start  at   ZERO ?

That is   why   I was think if add credit   is a solution?

If you add 800 dollars as credit your client can use this balance to order new services and for renewals. I suspect that you don't want this to happen. Maybe you just want to register 800 dollars for statistics.

In this case you can simply INSERT INTO tblaccounts 800 dollars as "amountin". Don't forget to specify userid, paymentmethod, date etc. This way WHMCS calculates statistics (today, this month, this year, overall...) including this specific amount.

P.s. sadly I can't give you the exact SQL query. My gf is looking at me with this face... 😤

On 29/11/2019 at 17:32, zitu4life said:

My company   have billing   800 dollars  (paid by mail   in payment)   before using   WHMCS, and   WHMCS  aims to   sum all   CUMULATIVE income. How can I   get   those 800 dollars   on WHMCS   if   after install  fresh WHMCS   income will start  at   ZERO ?

if the $800 is from multiple clients, and predates your existing records/years, then another option would be to create another fake array in the budget report of yours... 😉

Kian's idea is perfectly viable, but if it's multiple clients, especially if none of those clients don't already exist, then it would be an option to make a dummy client and just add the transaction to that account.