Missing Stripe transaction

Hi all,

I'm encountering a weird issue where it looks like one of my clients tried to go in and pay their invoice with a credit card, but for some reason there's no record of it in WHMCS. Only in Stripe.

Basically in WHMCS it basically looks like the client hasn't added a card or tried to pay the invoice, yet there's a transaction in Stripe for that invoice. 

In WHMCS, the invoice says "Unpaid," there are no transactions listed, and there is no credit card on file. The customer was sent an invoice payment reminder email, but nothing else.

But in Stripe, I'm seeing a card on file and a transaction that failed due to insufficient funds. It shows an error in the Log (attached), but I don't know if that error is because the card was declined or because it couldn't connect back to WHMCS to update the invoice.

It's working with my other clients, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working with this one. The only thing I can think of is that there may be an issue in WHMCS 7.8.3, because this client is the only one who's tried to add a new card since I updated - all the other clients already had a card on file. The weirdest part is that my client must've added their card through WHMCS but there is no card on file for them. Maybe they added it and then deleted it? Or maybe they paid the invoice and the info got sent to Stripe, and maybe Stripe did send back the info about the failed transaction, but for some reason nothing is saving to the database?

Does anyone know what the issue could be and if there's a way I can manually trigger Stripe to try again so that the invoice and the client's card on file gets updated in WHMCS?

stripe-issue.png

UPDATE:

I'm now noticing this Hotfix but not sure if this problem is related: 

Edited by shoelaced

48 minutes ago, shoelaced said:

@WHMCS ChrisD - sorry, where do I open a support ticket? WHMCS comes included with my reseller hosting plan through my host, so I'm only aware of this site.