Support Ticket Reports

wellconnit

Hi All,

I've looked high and low throughout WHMCS but I can't find any way to be able to send a report of support tickets to a customer?

There's also no way to export tickets? No PDF/CSV/etc? So I can't even make one myself.

Am I just missing something or is the support system half baked?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, wellconnit said:

I've looked high and low throughout WHMCS but I can't find any way to be able to send a report of support tickets to a customer?

what would the report include ? if it's just a list of ticket subjects/dates etc, then that's a simple query; if it needs to include replies, then that's slightly more involved...

5 hours ago, wellconnit said:

There's also no way to export tickets? No PDF/CSV/etc? So I can't even make one myself.

you can print an individual ticket in the admin area, so by implication, if you had a pdf writer installed, you could export them to PDF... or as Chris says, you build a custom report and export them that way.

6 hours ago, wellconnit said:

Am I just missing something or is the support system half baked?

does it have to be either or ?? 😛

the feature itself isn't there, but I can't recall it being asked for too often either... in that, the client can view their tickets in the client area themselves, so why do they need a separate report?? possibly that requirement depends on what the report is going to say and if it's information that they might not necessarily have access to themselves ??

Hi @brian!

It's more if a client says what tickets have I had this month

I envisage it'd show a table of the following. That you can filter by a specific time frame or by day/week/month

Ticket ID   |   Date   |   Subject   |   Priority   |   Status   |   Created By

It's not a complex ask, it's just something I would've thought may have made it onto standard features as it's a staple for every single other ticket management system.

If we want to get fancy, it'd be great to have the ability to email it to a customer at scheduled intervals(e.g. monthly report on the 1st of the month) - but I know now I'm asking way too much.

Any ideas @brian! ?

Hi @wellconnit,

1 hour ago, wellconnit said:

It's more if a client says what tickets have I had this month

at which point, i'd be tempted to tell them to check the client's area ticket page themselves!

remembering that the tickets page in the client area can be date filtered, e.g if we want to check for tickets last updated in July, we could enter '07/2019', 'july 2019' or '2019-07' into the filter box (depending on your client area date settings - though the YYYY-MM-DD date format should work regardless of the setting).

eKRpfee.png

so it would be possible to add additional filters to the sidebar to filter by date using a hook... or you could tweak the table output to include additional dates (e.g ticket creation date) - though that might require both a hook and template changes.

1 hour ago, wellconnit said:

I envisage it'd show a table of the following. That you can filter by a specific time frame or by day/week/month

Ticket ID   |   Date   |   Subject   |   Priority   |   Status   |   Created By

as a report, that's doable - apart form one little need for additional info from elsewhere, you're basically only dealing with one database table...

as a starting point for you, if I take the existing "Client Statement" report, make a few tweaks to the internal queries and output, then we can create a custom "Support Tickets" report (attached)...

gNU5WUd.png

if you choose a client, and optionally enter a date range, then you can generate a report of tickets for that client (and optional period)...

• the "Ticket ID" field is hyperlinked to the admin page for that specific ticket - though that's not relevant if this report is for end-user clients, so the link could be tweaked for use in the client area, or removed entirely;
  • the  "Created By" field will show the admin's name if opened by an admin; the client's name if opened by the client or the contact's name if opened by a contact;

once generated, you can then either export to CSV, or print preview and export to PDF if available to you locally.

2 hours ago, wellconnit said:

It's not a complex ask, it's just something I would've thought may have made it onto standard features as it's a staple for every single other ticket management system.

sadly, there are lots of "standard" features missing from WHMCS...

2 hours ago, wellconnit said:

If we want to get fancy, it'd be great to have the ability to email it to a customer at scheduled intervals(e.g. monthly report on the 1st of the month) - but I know now I'm asking way too much.

that's more in the realms of hooks and addons than reports, though all things are possible... maybe giving the client access to more of these details in the client area themselves, would be more useful and negate the need for a monthly report by email ?

btw - you can export tickets from the existing Client Data Export report, but only into JSON (not csv or pdf) and you can't give it a date range either.

support_tickets.php