stop sending invoice, only send e-mail message

Sanora Dev

Hello all,

If a customer orders a new product he automatically gets an email that a new invoice has been created and gets a invoice in pdf in the mailbox.
Is it possible that customers get an e-mail that a new invoice has been created but not the invoice in pdf in the mailbox. (Let me keep it simple, no invoice (pdf) only e-mail that invoice has been created😉)

The reason we want this is that we use other invoice software that is connected with WHMCS, so every time a customer orders a new product, he gets an e-mail, invoice from WHMCS (pdf) and invoice from our external invoice software. (with same product and amount as WHMCS invoice).

I've search on the community and there is a lot to find about invoicing, but couldn't find anything about disabling/blocking invoice e-mails.

I found some examples  for hooks and invoicing on the WHMCS developer pages, but i don't know of this is what i'm looking for.
https://developers.whmcs.com/hooks-reference/invoices-and-quotes/#invoicecreationpreemail

Thanks,

9 minutes ago, Devias said:

I've search on the community and there is a lot to find about invoicing, but couldn't find anything about disabling/blocking invoice e-mails.

you can disable invoice PDF attachments via setup -> general settings -> invoices -> enable pdf invoices (untick the checkbox)

https://docs.whmcs.com/Invoice_Tab#Enable_PDF_Invoices

When enabled, a copy of the invoice will be attached to invoice notification emails in pdf format.

the invoice email would be delivered without any PDF attachment  - optionally, you could then alter the content of the appropriate email template, e.g Invoice Created etc, to suit your needs...

I usually use this option activated, not sending invoice PDF, because WHMCS are not officially in terms of accounting, so I use invoices from my accounting software.

So, I have modified emails templates, that will reffer that an extra email will be sent to client with official invoice if this client need official invoice, and it works fine.

Also WHMCS invoices are confusing  if you have enable proforma invoices. They all have same name on PDF and it is named INVOICE. There is a future requests regarding this. I hope some day WHMCS looks at that.

So like Brian said you can deactivated invoices sending on email.

Edited by zitu4life
corection word

2 hours ago, Devias said:

The reason we want this is that we use other invoice software that is connected with WHMCS, so every time a customer orders a new product, he gets an e-mail, invoice from WHMCS (pdf) and invoice from our external invoice software. (with same product and amount as WHMCS invoice).

Alternatively edit the template of your PDF so that it shows "Receipt" or "Order Confirmation" instead of "Invoice". In fact customers can still download PDF from clientarea. Yes, you could hide "Download" button but then you should start playing "hide and seek" with WHMCS also in Email Templates, titles etc. Rename it and live in peace. My 2 cent.