Custom Stripe Module Migration Question

So we were running 7.7.whatever the latest version was, with our own stripe module based on roudiapp, no custom templates or hooks etc.

Switched to using the WHMCS stripe module, all ok as we used the cus_ in gatewayid field.

Updated to 7.8.2 and we're basically crippled. When viewing a client, every client suddenly had 2 saved cards when viewed, a Worldpay futurepay and a Stripe one, as those 2 gateways are active. However, most are stripe IDs. The only way to process anything was to disable Worldpay so that clients had 1 pay method showing, however even those show as Card-XXXX and wrong expiry date.

We process hundreds of payments a day, now the cron run isn't processing any at all and we're having to do them manually.

This is an absolute disgrace, we've never experienced such a poorly tested, broken WHMCS upgrade, how do we fix this please?

• WHMCS John changed the title to Custom Stripe Module Migration Question

I see this has been renamed to "Custom Stripe Module Migration Question", but it's not is it?

Does anyone know the internal function to be called to trigger the pay method migration for a client other than looking at the admin side client summary? I need to script it for thousands of users.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @twikamltd,

WHMCS makes a best effort deduction for which token/card belongs to which gateway based upon a number of factors such as active payment gateways, the client's default gateway and their most recently paid invoice.

If WHMCS does not get the migration correct, a member of staff can click on the Pay Method in the admin area and select from the list of active payment gateways from the "Gateway" dropdown on the "Pay Method Details" modal.

WHMCS will capture payments from the legacy locations prior to Pay Method migration. The Pay Methods migration occurs when a member of staff views the Summary tab, a client logs in to the client area, or a payment attempt is made for an invoice belonging to the client.

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply, I'm aware of all that though. I need a quick way to migrate the cards to the pay method system though, as existing ones aren't being processed on the cron. Accessing the client summary page for every client isn't an option due to the sheer number of clients. There must be a file I can include and a function I can call to do that on a loop, please can you tell me what it would be?