Promotions

xlegends

Hi guys,

Quick 2 questions on Promotions. I made a $5 off promotion with expire date and no recur

Question #1

A week later, I changed the promotion settings to allow recur and expanded out the expire date

Will this take effect for the clients who previously ordered the product under the previous terms of not allowing recur. I believe so as it now saying recur in their product tab.

Question #2

Apply Once / Client - Apply only once per client globally (ie. only one order allowed per promo)

I have this enabled. If their product expires and is terminated. Will they be able to use the coupon code again? That is if they order again the same product while their old invoice/product remains terminated. 

Edited by xlegends

@xlegends

1. I don't believe it would automatically change the previous clients that used this. Due to the recurring price . If you check a client with the recurring promotion and then the client without it you would be able to tell by looking at the recurring price. 

2. Once a client has used it thats it I believe as it would still be linked to  a canceled / terminated order.

Hope this is helpful if you need me to clarify anything again just let me know. 

You're right,

In the product tab, the first payment amount was $14.95 and recurring amount 19.95 despite the fact I changed the promotion setting for the same coupon they used to "recurring" but as mentioned, I did it after their first purchase. 

For 1 client, I went in their product tab and clicked the box next to the price Auto Recalculate on Save

and it did recalculate it correct, there's gotta be a way to mass correct them

ok I got it.

What I did is use the built in price updater and changed the product price from 19.95 to same price 19.95 and it caused a refresh which then made the $5 edited coupon work for recur and now shows 14.95 for those who used the $5 off coupon as 1 time thing before I made it a recur coupon. 

not to be contrary, but...

41 minutes ago, UKBSS LTD said:

1. I don't believe it would automatically change the previous clients that used this. Due to the recurring price . If you check a client with the recurring promotion and then the client without it you would be able to tell by looking at the recurring price. 

personally, I really don't like the idea of changing the conditions of a promotion code that is already in use.

43 minutes ago, UKBSS LTD said:

2. Once a client has used it thats it I believe as it would still be linked to  a canceled / terminated order.

from the docs...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Promotions

Apply Once / Client - If a client has an existing active order using this promotion they will not be able to use the code a second time.

if the order is cancelled/terminated, then they will be able to use it again as they no longer have an active/pending order... however, if the order isn't cancel/terminated, but the service later is, then they should not be able to use the code again.

Thanks to both of you for the help.. 

Regarding my 2nd question.  Due my misunderstanding between active product or active order. 

My products are already set to terminate on 8 day of expiry requiring them to order all over again after that point. 

That was the reason of my 2nd question once that product is terminated, then they can use the promo code again which you've answered. 

Im just not clear of the terminology of "order" I thought the order is a temporary process to active a product. 

@xlegends If you have a pending order then cancel that order whilst pending then they can reuse the promotion. 

If the order has already being accepted and they have the service active and then suspended then terminated or marked as complete then they cant use it again. 

I believe however that if you also cancel the order after their products have being terminated or  completed then they can reuse it. 

I think this is correct.

@brian! can you check this is correct as you have helped lots out. Thanks 

40 minutes ago, UKBSS LTD said:

I think this is correct.

@UKBSS LTD you are right. thanks.png

as long as you don't cancel/delete the order, the client should only be able to use the promo code once... now of course, they could open another account with other (fake?) details and use the code again, but it should only work once per client/account.

8 hours ago, xlegends said:

Im just not clear of the terminology of "order" I thought the order is a temporary process to active a product. 

https://docs.whmcs.com/Order_Management

Every time a user buys something from you, this creates an "order" record. The order holds all the details relating to a checkout process, including a unique reference number, any promo codes used, the affiliate who referred them & fraud check results (if enabled) etc.

Orders are not created for renewals, as those don't involve a new checkout process - simply a recurring invoice for a previous order. Orders always remain pending until admin review, even though the items inside them will auto activate (if set to), allowing your staff to review and process all the new orders you receive and run any manual checks or actions you deem necessary for new purchases.

All orders are assigned two unique numbers, first the ID Number which is an internal reference used by the system, your first order will be ID 1, the second ID2... They are also assigned an Order Number (or Order #) this is the number your clients will be given at the end of the checkout process and is a randomly generated 10 digit number - this won't divulge the size of your company.

it's more a permanent record in my eyes... and relevant in your case when it comes to these promo codes as WHMCS will be querying the tblorders database table to see if this client has active/pending orders already using this promotion code.