Stamp duty with automatic description on each invoice

Good morning,
My invoices are vat free and I need a field that costs 2 euros with this writing on every invoice issued.

"IMPOSTA DI BOLLO ASSOLTA SULL’ORIGINALE ID N.

Operazione non soggetta ad Iva e a ritenuta d’acconto ai sensi della L. 190/2014 ( art. 1 commi 54-89 ) modificata dalla L. 208/2015 e dalla L. 145/2018– Regime Forfettario"

(I attach screenshot)

How can I do?

Many Thank

Edited by WHMCS ChrisD
Image removed at posters request

You have to use UpdateInvoiceTotal hook point and run UpdateInvoice API command to add that line. Tax Stamp must be applied only when the following criteria are met:

• Amount greater than and not equal to 77.47 euro (the price of Tax Stamp - 2 euro - doesn't count)
  • If you use multiple currencies, amounts must be converted into euro
  • Tax Stamp can be applied on Invoices and Proformas but NOT on Credit Notes
  • Only VAT-Free operations require Tax Stamp
  • If for some reason the amount of your invoice changes, Tax Stamp must be applied or removed accordingly
  • Make sure that Tax Stamp doesn't exist yet on the invoice (having duplicated Tax Stamps is bad)

That said, keep in mind that it's not that simple since you'll need to find a way to detect your Tax Stamp line in every moment otherwise your calculations will be wrong and you risk to have duplicated Tax Stamps every time you update an invoice. Sadly you can do that via API. You'll need to do that manually with queries. As a reference it took me 7 queries (SELECT, UPDATE and DELETE). It's boring and frustrating 🤮

Edited by Kian

12 hours ago, mywebsolutions said:

Thank you for your answer. I'm not able to do it, do you know who can help me?

basically, you have three choices...

1. send a PM to Kian - he's Italian and knows WHMCS invoicing better than anyone... so he would be ideal for this.
  2. take a look in Marketplace and search for gateway / services fees... there are addons there can that add a fixed fee to invoices.
  3. create a thread in Service Offers & Requests, and offer to pay a developer to write this solution... the usual suspects will reply.

19 hours ago, mywebsolutions said:

Good morning,
My invoices are vat free and I need a field that costs 2 euros with this writing on every invoice issued.

Non on "every" invoice issued, but just on every invoice which amount is higher than € 77,47

So, in the invoice you posted as example, tax-stamp is not due.  😉

23 hours ago, mywebsolutions said:

Good morning,

"IMPOSTA DI BOLLO ASSOLTA SULL’ORIGINALE ID N.

Operazione non soggetta ad Iva e a ritenuta d’acconto ai sensi della L. 190/2014 ( art. 1 commi 54-89 ) modificata dalla L. 208/2015 e dalla L. 145/2018– Regime Forfettario"

(I attach screenshot)

How can I do?

Many Thank

10 hours ago, brian! said:

basically, you have three choices...

1. send a PM to Kian - he's Italian and knows WHMCS invoicing better than anyone... so he would be ideal for this.
  2. take a look in Marketplace and search for gateway / services fees... there are addons there can that add a fixed fee to invoices.
  3. create a thread in Service Offers & Requests, and offer to pay a developer to write this solution... the usual suspects will reply. 
This seems to me fine https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/2966 what do you say?

2 hours ago, mywebsolutions said:

are you right, how do I delete the file in the post? 

You can no longer edit your post. You could try to mention @WHMCS ChrisD that hopefully will remove the picture.

2 hours ago, mywebsolutions said:

This seems to me fine https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/2966 what do you say?

It could work but make sure that:

1. "Payment Gateway Fee" can be replaced with your "Marca da bollo apposta in originale ai sensi di..."
  2. It can work according to regulations. Read this article for more details (it's written in Italian and it is "hilarious" 🤮 good luck)

p.s. Knowing how/when Tax Stamp should be applied is still a mystery to me therefore before you start doing anything I suggest you to contact your accountant. I've seen people who wanted tax stamp on VAT-free operations, others based on Intra/Extra-EU status, sex, religion, size... 🤬 1 law 100 interpretations. I've stopped trying to understand how invoicing work long time ago. All I do now is to provide all options so that anyone can freely choose his/her interpretation.

11 hours ago, Kian said:

You can no longer edit your post. You could try to mention @WHMCS ChrisD that hopefully will remove the picture.

It could work but make sure that:

1. "Payment Gateway Fee" can be replaced with your "Marca da bollo apposta in originale ai sensi di..."
  2. It can work according to regulations. Read this article for more details (it's written in Italian and it is "hilarious" 🤮 good luck)

p.s. Knowing how/when Tax Stamp should be applied is still a mystery to me therefore before you start doing anything I suggest you to contact your accountant. I've seen people who wanted tax stamp on VAT-free operations, others based on Intra/Extra-EU status, sex, religion, size... 🤬 1 law 100 interpretations. I've stopped trying to understand how invoicing work long time ago. All I do now is to provide all options so that anyone can freely choose his/her interpretation.

Ok,

Many Thanks