My Website and WHMCS Admin hang when user register and login.

1 hour ago, ahmed salah said:

When new user try to register to my website https://skilledhost.com  the website and WHMCS Admin hang and nothing open ?

does it do the same when you use the Six template?? it looks like it's redirection looping after creating the account, so maybe a hook is causing this - but switching to Six will tell you if it's your custom template or another issue.

18 minutes ago, brian! said:

does it do the same when you use the Six template?? it looks like it's redirection looping after creating the account, so maybe a hook is causing this - but switching to Six will tell you if it's your custom template or another issue.

I will try this. 

Thank you.

22 minutes ago, brian! said:

Still the same problem ?

Just now, ahmed salah said:

Still the same problem ?

when someone registers, it creates the client account though doesn't it? the problem seemingly occurs after account creation and when they should be redirected to the clientarea.

do you have any hooks that could be causing this ??

1 minute ago, brian! said:

when someone registers, it creates the client account though doesn't it? the problem seemingly occurs after account creation and when they should be redirected to the clientarea.

do you have any hooks that could be causing this ??

Yes when i go to the WHMCS admin area the client is created. I applied Six theme so there is no hooks there ?

Just now, WHMCS Sachin said:

It does look like that the custom hook is causing the issue. Can you please remove the file custom.php (after taking a backup) and see if that resolves the issue?

or just rename it's extension to .php9 or whatever - that's going to be quicker and safer than deleting it.

12 minutes ago, WHMCS Sachin said:

It does look like that the custom hook is causing the issue. Can you please remove the file custom.php (after taking a backup) and see if that resolves the issue?

Thank you for replay.

I renamed the file as @brian! said but nothing happen, still the same problem, when user register the WHMCS admin and the client area hang.

If the problem is caused by the theme files or the hook, why dose the WHMCS admin  affected ? 

Edited by ahmed salah

29 minutes ago, ahmed salah said:

If the problem is caused by the theme files or the hook, why dose the WHMCS admin  affected ? 

because a badly written hook can crash both client and admin areas - especially a hook file like yours that contains multiple hooks and other funstions within it...

are there any third-party addons installed ??

25 minutes ago, brian! said:

because a badly written hook can crash both client and admin areas - especially a hook file like yours that contains multiple hooks and other funstions within it...

So i should maintain my hook script ?

53 minutes ago, brian! said:

I disabled the hook files and the problem remain the same ?

2 hours ago, ahmed salah said:

I disabled the hook files and the problem remain the same ?

are there any third party addons installed?

what happens when you login as a client - not from an admin area link, but log out as an admin, and login as a client - do you get to see the client area without issue or is there any redirection occurring ??

On 8/22/2019 at 7:18 PM, brian! said:

are there any third party addons installed?

what happens when you login as a client - not from an admin area link, but log out as an admin, and login as a client - do you get to see the client area without issue or is there any redirection occurring ??

No there is no third party addons. 

As a client when i click register or signup button the whole website stops working  and i you can't do any thing in both the website and as admin from the WHMCS admin also stops working, but if i opened from  another browser or another device is working good.

It's really confused!

Let's say it take long time to register.

Edited by ahmed salah

2 hours ago, ahmed salah said:

As a client when i click register or signup button the whole website stops working  and i you can't do any thing in both the website and as admin from the WHMCS admin also stops working, but if i opened from  another browser or another device is working good.

needless to say, WHMCS shouldn't be doing that... and normally doesn't.

3 hours ago, ahmed salah said:

It's really confused! 

the reason why I asked what happens when you login as a client (not registering, but actually logging in), is to see whether there is any redirection going on - certainly, I remember with that hook code there was a function (that I didn't like the look of) which would run in both admin and client areas.. though the link to the code no longer works... but if you say that you disabled it, then it shouldn't be that.

I think as zitu4life suggested, this might be one where you need to open a ticket with support... the problem with things like this is that you really need to see what's going on on the inside and test things - which is difficult to do from the outside, especially as what you're seeing is in the admin area and clientarea, or at least when it tries to go to the client area.

if support resolve the cause of this, don't forget to update the thread with their solution.

on an unrelated matter, .co domain searches are failing on your site - but that's occurring because they're not priced.. though you must have added them as a TLD as it's one of the spotlight options.

4 minutes ago, brian! said:

the reason why I asked what happens when you login as a client (not registering, but actually logging in), is to see whether there is any redirection going on - certainly, I remember with that hook code there was a function (that I didn't like the look of) which would run in both admin and client areas.. though the link to the code no longer works... but if you say that you disabled it, then it shouldn't be that.

Yes when login it's working normally.

I think i will open a ticket. 

For .co domain i'm not offering them and the website is still need more updates.

Thank you @brian!  If the issue is resolved, update the topic.

1 -Are you sure you did not do auto update?

2 -Are you not mixing for example v7.7.1 ADMIN installation, with a template for another version on client area? and vice-versa;
In the past I have tried to mix thing in test environment and got some malfunctions like clients can not auto reset emails (blank page), but it was on test environment to take WHMCS to the limit 😂

Make a double check on version ADMIN INSTALLATION you are using, also version on ADMIN TEMPLATE you are using and also a version of CLIENT AREA SIX\CUSTOM TEMPLATE you are using...do not mix version things.

Finally you still has this problem, from 3 days, make a backup and consider open a ticket, support staff will help you troubleshooting this issue or at least pointing you possible reason for that problem.

Edited by zitu4life

Solved

The problem was in the SMTP, there was a mistake with SMPT configurations. 

WHMCS tech support.

This is happening because WHMCS is not able to connect to the SMTP server to send the client registration email which is causing the delay. Please check the SMTP login info (on Setup -> General Settings -> Mail tab) and make sure the details are correct. If the issue still persists, please contact the server admin and have them check if anything on the server (blocked ports in the firewall) is blocking the outgoing connection.

Thanks to @brian! and @zitu4life and WHMCS support. 

Edited by ahmed salah

Great to hear you. We all are using SMTP sending emails, so your feedback is important to know how to proceed in future during troubleshooting. The interesting think is how this wrong setting would cause such behavior. Makes senses, that client registration will automatically send emails, even I have not thing in such possibility could be the reason. I am not sure that I could replicate your situation again, I guess it could be a combination off things, SMTP + local environment... I had wrong SMTP sometimes but never saw such a problem, normally we receive a warning message related SMPT, anyway no one post in this thread to activate display error in Setup>General Settings>Other tabimage.png.d769d916eacc98722ce3146ab6c285e5.png

We are glad problem solved at all 😃

Edited by zitu4life