Re-order Products Icons

zitu4life

Hello There

How we can re-order Products type using CSS or Hook. If CSS can do that I already has a custom CSS on Admin, but did not realized how could be possible to do so.

If I want for example to has Other Products Icons displayed first position.
Now we have Shared hosting on first position.

Setup>Products\Services>Products\Services

Wanted scenario: 
image.thumb.png.d299104e12da7af678370c9e047ed540.png

Thanks!

Edited by zitu4life

1 hour ago, glenn said:

Why would you want to move that block to the 1st position? It doesn't make sense to me...

Your question is relevant. I tried to use CSS, since those modules never are used, when we hide then it will be a gap between other block, so I guess perhaps if we re- order it, there will be no gap.

#productTypeReseller{display: none;}
#productTypeServer{display: none;}

Possible could be a way to hide using CSS on another way like this 

label.checkbox-inline:nth-last-child(n+3) {display: none;}

But I can not do that...Lets call, Legendary @brian! to take a look if there is a CSS to hide those block without gap, if so there is no need to re-order then.

Edited by zitu4life

13 hours ago, zitu4life said:

Your question is relevant. I tried to use CSS, since those modules never are used, when we hide then it will be a gap between other block, so I guess perhaps if we re- order it, there will be no gap.

you can't really reorder with css...

if you wanted to remove the other 3 icons, and just leave "Other"...

.multi-select-blocks .block:nth-child(-n+3) {display: none;}

UJiqbaI.png

as a general rule, and for the sake of your sanity (and mine!) - just live with WHMCS as it is - yeah, I know you're just playing with these things in a a beta to learn, but i'm not going to answer every trivial theoretical question just to give you a tutorial in css and hooks.

Thanks Brian, actually my posts are not for playing, all hooks, CSS will be used on production enviroment soon. I could be post in service requests and hire someone or even freelancer to create those CSS or Hooks, actually I assume will do that on some moment, it is not related to money, I guess I can aford it. I known hooks and css can change over WHMCS version and it means it will need some modification, that is why a partner or hire person could be a workaround solutions soon, but for now when I am asking if something is possible to be done, means that I know I can find in future someone ready to do that even if need to pay. I know you take your time for helping other and some of my questions looks to be like, ...he is crazy!!🤗 Some CSS code could be easy for you, but for lots in this community who are not developers aren't. When I use WHMCS, for first time, I did not know what are WHM, cpanel, crons, Mysql,CSS, hooks, actually I never heard those names before, now it is all familiar.

All new projects needs a viability several tests, so, all those thread post talk by them selves. I still have more, only 3 questions, but will not post it for these days, It looks I have posted more in the last week and getting bored for others point of view.

9 minutes ago, zitu4life said:

Thanks Brian, actually my posts are not for playing, all hooks, CSS will be used on production environment soon.

fair enough - though I wouldn't base any code/changes you're writing on a beta - even a RC... things can often change between RC and GA and have in the past - one of the many reasons i'm not even touching the betas.

28 minutes ago, zitu4life said:

...he is crazy!!

not so much that (well a bit!)... but they're usually very niche questions that have never been asked  previously - so i've never had reason to think about them before (even with a commercial head on).

22 minutes ago, zitu4life said:

I still have more, only 3 questions, but will not post it for these days

post them now and let's get them out of the way. 🙂

25 minutes ago, zitu4life said:

It looks I have posted more in the last week and getting bored for others point of view. 

you could count on one hand, and probably have at least 2 fingers left, the number of people here who will/can reply to questions like yours.... plus they might be interesting to others - not necessarily today, but at sometime in the future.