Move my website files to my main domain

22 hours ago, ahmed salah said:

After editing on the theme and customize it i need  to move all my website to the main domain because the website now is in subdomain sub.example.com i need to move it to the main domain example.com.

I think the question was aimed more at the physical moving of the files rather than worrying about the require license ans setting changes (which will still need to be done later).

physically, you could, via ftp, just drag and drop the files and folders within 'whmcs' into 'public_html', but if there is already a site there with folders/files of the same name (e.g .htaccess or index.php), then you're going to run into issues... do you have any files from the existing WordPress site that will clash with WHMCS file or folder names ?

36 minutes ago, brian! said:

I think the question was aimed more at the physical moving of the files rather than worrying about the require license ans setting changes (which will still need to be done later).

physically, you could, via ftp, just drag and drop the files and folders within 'whmcs' into 'public_html', but if there is already a site there with folders/files of the same name (e.g .htaccess or index.php), then you're going to run into issues... do you have any files from the existing WordPress site that will clash with WHMCS file or folder names ?

Thank for replaying .

Yes you are right i mean just moving my WHMCS files to the main domain rather than the sub domain. i have already existing WordPress files!

What should i do after moving WHMCS file to the public folder ?

1 hour ago, ahmed salah said:

Yes you are right i mean just moving my WHMCS files to the main domain rather than the sub domain. i have already existing WordPress files!

that last part is the bit that worries me - I don't think you could have WHMCS and WordPress both in the same folder... as I said previously, they both have their own htaccess and index files... even if this was a WordPress site using Bridge or similar, WHMCS would need to be elsewhere (different server, subfolder or subdomain)... if you were using a WHMCS HTML template, then this wouldn't really be an issue.

What should i do after moving WHMCS file to the public folder ?

ideally, don't move the files before before checking whether there would be any clashes - if there are, do nothing until you check if there is a workaround - it's difficult to judge as I don't know your directory structure, but from your description, I wouldn't be too optimistic.

What i mean is moving back to the main domain. not updating the license.

Chris was right in that if you move WHMCS, you will need to update the license and URL settings - but there's no need to do that until you know whether it can be moved.

• 2 months later...