Opening a ticket and automatically setting a different status

garybarr

We are wanting to be able to open tickets up for "Things to Do" that are not related to our clients, but would exceed the capabilities of the built in To-Do List.  We would like to be able to make notes on progress of the office thing to do.  However, we don't want to clutter up our client ticketing system with office projects, we want it to be a separate area to see it... so I've done this so far:

#1:  I have created a Support Department called TTD and a status called "OfficeTTD".

#2:  I created a hook that makes a variable $OfficeTTD and the amount of tickets open under this OfficeTTD status

#3:  I then edited the header.tpl to show OfficeTTD at the top

All that works perfect, but it's a real pain to open a ticket, then have to go back in to the ticket and edit the options to then put it to "OfficeTTD" status.  Something most people don't do, so it ends up in the general tickets open area until someone moves it.  Again, we want everyone to focus on client tickets by themselves and never worry about TTD stuff unless that is specifically what they are assigned to work on.  (But everyone will part of these tasks.)

***SO MY QUESTION*** Is there any way to set a ticket status for this Support Group only, that it would open with the status of "OfficeTTD" instead of "OPEN"?   Or does anyone have the ability to write something that would allow this to happen, as it is above my level of knowledge to do so.

Have you ever test Official Project management add-on. You can create a project name called Things to Do and then assign different tasks for different staff. You can also add some notes on each tasks or messages for entire project. it is also possible to assign a ticket or create new ticket.

Personally I have create some personal rules or strategies to take take advantages of this official add-on. I usually used it every day to follow every daily company tasks or things to do. When a tasks are concluded we can tick as done, we can set time for tasks, so each staff have time line to finish that task.  I know it is not exactly what you are looking for, but share this idea can also see what others are doing and learn and improve our ideas.

In WHMCS 7.8 we can see % completed on every project, so basically I am using project manager for creating project for clients and also for a lot daily needs:

image.png.d0eea16928d2ff2baddcf5975bbd5863.png
- Client project
- Staffs Timesheet
- Follow-up company bill payment to never forget pay an bill on time, especially if it is important to be paid on time.

So I have Things to Do setup for Support department, Sales Department, and even for Full Admin so every department knows exactly what is pending after login. Good news you can create Task template to applied according to your needs. My case I already have tasks to be followed by Staff until December. So When I go for vacation I know staff knows exactly what to do and timeline for doing that.

PS: with project management widget you can set ensure what staff will see after they logged in.

Perhaps could be a better third module out there, but with official module you only pay onetime 99 dollar and also you know you will had it until WHMCS exists.

Lets wait to see what others are doing 😉

Edited by zitu4life

6 hours ago, garybarr said:

***SO MY QUESTION*** Is there any way to set a ticket status for this Support Group only, that it would open with the status of "OfficeTTD" instead of "OPEN"?   Or does anyone have the ability to write something that would allow this to happen, as it is above my level of knowledge to do so.

I don't think you can open a ticket with a custom status - you need to open it, and then change it later... so two thoughts spring to mind...

1. a coding solution might be a TicketOpenAdmin hook (so it runs just as you submit the ticket) - in that hook, you check the value of the dept name or ID; if it's TTD, then you run a update on the db record for this ticket and change it's status from Open to OfficeTTD... that db update could be done by a number of methods, e.g capsule update or Update TIcket API etc.
  2. a possible built-in way might be to use Ticket Escalations and get the cron to change the ticket status after x minutes, e.g create a rule for tickets in TTD, that are open, to change their status to OTTD after x minutes - i'm assuming that the ticket status change is not so desperately urgent it needs to be done immediately... but if it does, then you'd need to use a hook.
5 hours ago, zitu4life said:

Perhaps could be a better third module out there, but with official module you only pay onetime 99 dollar and also you know you will had it until WHMCS exists.

the faith you have in WHMCS is really quite touching. 😃

On 7/28/2019 at 11:26 AM, zitu4life said:

In WHMCS 7.8 we can see % completed on every project, so basically I am using project manager for creating project for clients and also for a lot daily needs:

image.png.d0eea16928d2ff2baddcf5975bbd5863.png
- Client project
- Staffs Timesheet
- Follow-up company bill payment to never forget pay an bill on time, especially if it is important to be paid on time.

Thank you for the detailed info...

Two Questions...  The Beta WHMCS 7.8 has more features for PM?  Because in PM, I made a things to do project, then assigned a task to me.  While it emailed me, from within WHMCS, nothing tells me I need to go look at a task assigned to me:

image.thumb.png.2d67502d877e70a7737aacaeb5e93c12.png

I've always hated PM with a passion, because it's a project management system that seems to be setup for one person to use it.  If things are assigned to me, I'd like to see them on my PM Widget screen, but I don't unless the entire project has my name.  Thus, it seems like they intend it to be a PM for only one person.

Also, I was wondering on your Staff Time sheet... How do you make it where others can't see another persons time sheet?  Have I overlooked something?

12 hours ago, garybarr said:

I have actually found a Ticket Filter by BusyRack that looks like it will get me where I need to be.

nice spot - contrary to what it says on their site, that it's compatible with v5 & v6, their Marketplace listing for this states it's compatible upto v7.7 - it's a lot like ticket escalations though, but was written long before WHMCS added that feature. 😉

11 hours ago, garybarr said:

The Beta WHMCS 7.8 has more features for PM?

nothing in the changelog... unless you want to get excited about the new date picker. 🙄