Duda Add On Module Installation

12 hours ago, Hickman.io said:

I tried but the file inside of the folder won't let me assign permissions. Here is a screenshot of the server and the outcome on WHMCS

looking at those creation dates from the zip, it's probably worth noting that this addon is 2 years old and seemingly written for v7.3 or earlier... so no guarantees that it would work with any version later than that...

as Chris suggested in your duplicate thread, contacting Duda might be the best idea to see if this addon still works with v7.7

1 hour ago, brian! said:

looking at those creation dates from the zip, it's probably worth noting that this addon is 2 years old and seemingly written for v7.3 or earlier... so no guarantees that it would work with any version later than that...

as Chris suggested in your duplicate thread, contacting Duda might be the best idea to see if this addon still works with v7.7

Would it be recommended to just use v7.3 instead of the latest version? Sorry, this is all new to me, so that may be a dumb question.

1 minute ago, Hickman.io said:

Would it be recommended to just use v7.3 instead of the latest version?

that assumes that you could even get hold of the v7.3 download from 2 years ago - it's not on the WHMCS download page (although i'd have it locally) - but your priority should probably be to contact Duda and see which WHMCS versions this addon is compatible with.

they have a product in Marketplace that is supposedly v7.6 compatible, but the link doens't go to a specific download, so I don't know if it is the same product you're downloading...

https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/3721

did you copy the files to the correct folders as per step 2 in their instructions page ?

27 minutes ago, brian! said:

that assumes that you could even get hold of the v7.3 download from 2 years ago - it's not on the WHMCS download page (although i'd have it locally) - but your priority should probably be to contact Duda and see which WHMCS versions this addon is compatible with.

they have a product in Marketplace that is supposedly v7.6 compatible, but the link doens't go to a specific download, so I don't know if it is the same product you're downloading...

https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/3721

did you copy the files to the correct folders as per step 2 in their instructions page ?

I have contacted Duda, but haven't heard anything. I am including a specific screenshot of the location I put the folders into. The one problem I ran into was finding the parent directory of WHMCS so I just put multiscreen.php in public_html.

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 11.47.43 AM.png

Edited by Hickman.io

Just now, Hickman.io said:

I have contacted Duda, but haven't heard anything. I am including a specific screenshot of the location I put the folders into. The one problem I ran into was finding the parent directory of WHMCS so I just put multiscreen.php in public_html.

everything looks correct to me, but you might want to delete that first image - no point renaming the admin directory and then posting screenshots of what you've changed it to. 🙂

1 minute ago, brian! said:

everything looks correct to me, but you might want to delete that first image - no point renaming the admin directory and then posting screenshots of what you've changed it to. 🙂

Got it. Well thanks for your assistance. I understand that sometimes it requires the permissions being changed on the folders/files. However, how do you know which set of permissions to designate? (0644, 0777, 0755, 0655).

I understand that sometimes it requires the permissions being changed on the folders/files. However, how do you know which set of permissions to designate? (0644, 0777, 0755, 0655).

I usually just let the ftp do it's usual thing, which is 644 for files and 755 for folders - i'd only change from that if there was an error, or the install instructions said otherwise.

See I can get the module to display, and configure. However, I run into trouble when creating a product.

I didn't go that far as I didn't know whether the lack of Duda API credentials would be an issue...