add text to cart.php page

I want to add additional instructions for the customer on this page, like for example customers who dont have a username already (new to the service) are leaving this blank and getting horrible auto created usernames.  I want to let them know they can make up their own username here.  When I purchased whmcs through the salesman on skype he suggested I allow them to install everything also.  There were no directions at all on how to modify anything really, when I view the actual files on the server they look to be coded so that you cannot modify them?

45fec707c8dba3411301eabe5aa0c46a.png

15 minutes ago, BigGainz said:

There were no directions at all on how to modify anything really, when I view the actual files on the server they look to be coded so that you cannot modify them?

you can't modify the core files, but you wouldn't really need to for this.

two basic options...

1. you could edit the template used for this page - which would be (unless you've renamed the orderform theme).. /templates/orderforms/standard_cart/configureproduct.tpl - additionally, you can use Language Overrides when editing the template if you want to output your descriptive text in the client's own language.
  2. you could expand the customfield description string - the "(Panel Username) - (Leave..." and add your additional text there.
25 minutes ago, BigGainz said:

When I purchased whmcs through the salesman on skype he suggested I allow them to install everything also. 

just for your own peace of mind, you might want to type your domain into the WHMCS License Verification page to ensure you have a valid WHMCS license.

27 minutes ago, BigGainz said:

There were no directions at all on how to modify anything really

two sites to bookmark will be...

1. https://docs.whmcs.com/
  2. https://help.whmcs.com/

.. they should tell you the basics to get you started. 🙂

1 hour ago, brian! said:

you can't modify the core files, but you wouldn't really need to for this.

two basic options...

1. you could edit the template used for this page - which would be (unless you've renamed the orderform theme).. /templates/orderforms/standard_cart/configureproduct.tpl - additionally, you can use Language Overrides when editing the template if you want to output your descriptive text in the client's own language.
  2. you could expand the customfield description string - the "(Panel Username) - (Leave..." and add your additional text there.

just for your own peace of mind, you might want to type your domain into the WHMCS License Verification page to ensure you have a valid WHMCS license.

Very strange but I followed your path and found the configureproduct.tpl with no problem.  tried inserting <p>Here is a test sentence</p> at probably 20 different places with no luck at all.  This looks like JavaScript imbedded in php ?  I am a novice but do know a little about programming so I feel like I should have definitely been able to figure this out, it has me stomped.

19 hours ago, BigGainz said:

Very strange but I followed your path and found the configureproduct.tpl with no problem. 

so far, so good. 🙂

19 hours ago, BigGainz said:

tried inserting <p>Here is a test sentence</p> at probably 20 different places with no luck at all. 

that could mean that your site isn't using that standard_cart orderform ?

20 hours ago, BigGainz said:

This looks like JavaScript embedded in php ? 

it's using the Smarty template engine.

20 hours ago, BigGainz said:

I am a novice but do know a little about programming so I feel like I should have definitely been able to figure this out, it has me stomped.

looking at your site, I see that you managed to do it. 🙂

egr1uCn.png

it's a pity your domain fails the WHMCS license verification page though - whilst that remains the case, I won't be replying to any of your future questions... if others want to reply, then that's up to them. headshake.gif

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2019 at 7:21 AM, brian! said:

so far, so good. 🙂

that could mean that your site isn't using that standard_cart orderform ?

it's using the Smarty template engine.

looking at your site, I see that you managed to do it. 🙂

egr1uCn.png

it's a pity your domain fails the WHMCS license verification page though - whilst that remains the case, I won't be replying to any of your future questions... if others want to reply, then that's up to them. headshake.gif

It looks like I got scammed 😞   The weird thing is that I somehow found this guy through a google search and swore I got his info from the WHMCS site?  He even linked me to this community when I asked him questions, which seems strange for him to do if he is not legit?  When I screenshotted the license Verification page his only response was "This is not related to the billing module that we have provided to you.  You can ignore it."  I am trying to figure out how to make this right as obviously I never tried to purchase something that isnt correct.