Many bugs and errors

After upgrading to the latest release I noticed many things not working. Opening the developer console on a browser shows many issues with WHMCS. It seems every update is more a train wreck than the other one.

I will not bother on the user side because I did not got that far to debug things (I know some are not working either....) but on the admin side in just 1 minute of testing I noticed the search is broken now. Intellisearch or what ever they added does not work on my setup. I'm also getting now more cron domain sync emails than usual over the normal daily one.

It shows an 500 server error on example.com/whmcs/admin/search/intellisearch caused by the Javascript scripts.min.js from the blend admin theme folder.

On the server side this is generating  PHP errors on files like vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Delegate.php

The errors are caused by issues on their PHP code:

[WHMCS Application] ERROR: Error: Call to undefined function WHMCS\\Search\\run_hook

vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Search/IntelligentSearch.php:0 Stack trace: #0

Opening a support got me a reply that they don't support changes on the admin theme referring me to a github file for the original admin themes.

Note: I never modified the admin theme. And I just triple checked and compared each file. Both the blend and v4 themes are the same that WHMCS is shipping on their original releases. So no, that is not the problem.

Now I'm going to waste all my day debugging the fixing the new bugs on this release. No wonder I never want to upgrade.

Oh wait, I can't because those files inside the WHMCS folder are encoded. I guess no more searching stuff on the admin side for me.

5 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

but on the admin side in just 1 minute of testing I noticed the search is broken now. Intellisearch or what ever they added does not work on my setup.

that should work, I don't remember a lot of complaints here about it not working... see below.

5 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

I'm also getting now more cron domain sync emails than usual over the normal daily one.

you'll be delighted to hear that the official solution to this is to setup an email filter and to check them out occasionally for errors. headshake.gif

as to the rest, e.g php errors, sounds like it might require a reupload of the update... there were a few file location changes that may be affecting you (depending on what you upgraded from).

1 hour ago, brian! said:

that should work, I don't remember a lot of complaints here about it not working... see below.

you'll be delighted to hear that the official solution to this is to setup an email filter and to check them out occasionally for errors. headshake.gif

as to the rest, e.g php errors, sounds like it might require a reupload of the update... there were a few file location changes that may be affecting you (depending on what you upgraded from).

I will try a full re-upload of all the vendors files since just re uploading the WHMCS vendors folder did nothing. I'm not sure this is the issue because I never had problems in years with my upload client. I know what files go into ASCII or Binary it never broke anything or did a partial upload like some other FTP clients I had in the past.

As for the cron. I don't mind getting those emails, but I was ok with once a day, not multiple times a day.