Add Funds line item added to new Invoices

All,

We have noticed some strange behaviour when creating a new invoice - or automated invoices are created. 

Clients have all the right line items specific to that invoice - but then an added Add Funds line item is also included.  We have notice £50 and £100 so far which no one has added.  Which is really disconcerting for clients and did not use to happen. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue in the past or now?  

Thanks,

Brad

Hi Brian,

Thanks for getting back.

We are using the latest version of WHMCS 7.7.1 and we have not added any new plugins.  I have had a look and cannot see any that would even contain a function to Add Funds to invoices when a customer has not requested this.  Some of our clients had an automated invoice created as part of a service and they were there!  They questioned and we (embarrassingly) removed and reissued.  

We tried a test on our own account and it happened the first time but not the second. We need to keep testing to see if this occurs again. (The test was using a Bank Transfer).

Very strange eh?!  Is there any logs that I should look at to see why it would be created with an extra one item?  Or even where to look in the database?  

Thanks,

Brad

Hi Brad,

3 minutes ago, sanechoice said:

We are using the latest version of WHMCS 7.7.1 and we have not added any new plugins.

I asked in case you were on a slightly older version - as there were all sorts of payment allocation bugs with v7.6 and v7.7 that had to be hotfixed... but if you're on v7.7.1, that shouldn't be occurring for you.

18 minutes ago, sanechoice said:

They questioned and we (embarrassingly) removed and reissued.  

I can well imagine. 😠

19 minutes ago, sanechoice said:

Very strange eh?!

yes.

19 minutes ago, sanechoice said:

Is there any logs that I should look at to see why it would be created with an extra one item?

the activity log might be one port of call, another option might be to work through a client's invoices and check they've all been paid (and marked as) correctly... you can always use the filter on the Invoices page to see which clients/invoices this Add Funds issue has occurred with.

however, for something like this, you might be wiser to open a ticket with support and let them dig into what's going on here - i'd hate to give you advice that could make the situation worse. 🙂

... and update the thread when the cause is found.

It could be Merge Invoice. In fact it is possible to merge an AddFunds proforma with other proformas and in the end you get exactly what you describe. Alternatively there must be a module or an action hook involved and I know it because I love to merge everything 😁

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Based on what you've described, it sounds like an issue with the auto_increment value on the tblinvoices database table as I've seen some cases where it was manually edited somehow and changed to a lower value, which then resulted in invoices reusing previously used invoice IDs and pulling in items from older invoices. If you haven't reached out to our support team already, please feel free to do so and we will assist you further.

14 hours ago, WHMCS Lawrence said:

Based on what you've described, it sounds like an issue with the auto_increment value on the tblinvoices database table as I've seen some cases where it was manually edited somehow and changed to a lower value, which then resulted in invoices reusing previously used invoice IDs and pulling in items from older invoices. If you haven't reached out to our support team already, please feel free to do so and we will assist you further.

Thank you, Lawrence.  Feels like a likely smoking gun as its logical - but not sure what we changed to cause this issue. 

I have updated the ticket with all relevant access details so you can remediate the issue.  Thank you very much in advance.

All - once this is identified and fixed, I will ensure to post back on here so the thread can be closed satisfactorily and benefit others.