Moved Server Invoices Not Marked As Paid

We moved WHMCS to a new server but something has happened along the way.

We are receiving autopayments but invoices are not being marked as paid.

Nothing has changed other than the server move of course.

What could be causing this? Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks

@jeffuk would you mind sharing - I think I may have one customer that is the same but the subscription was setup that long ago I'm not even sure if it is a problem with WHMCS or not.

I'm sure that I've moved or upgraded the box WHMCS is on in the time they have been a customer.

~Scott

No, I spoke too soon. It's not working, it's working for new subscriptions not old and apparently, you can't change the old IPN url from Paypal and you would have to ask all old subscribers to re-subscribe which is a no-no.

If I change the URL back then the new subscriptions will not work. It's a total mess will just have to manually mark invoices as paid for the time being.

@jeffuk

How did you do this?

I've added a htaccess rule and as it happened I had a PayPal payment come in which I did manually as it still didn't match up.

I must admit, I forgot I'd added the rule but it still didn't work as I would have expected.

The rule I added was simply as below:

Redirect /modules/gateways/callback/paypal.php https://www.redit.co.uk/portal/

No in the server logs of both the web server (where the redirect is) and on the WHMCS box (now separate) I can see that the paypal.php file has been accessed by PayPal IPN. I don't clam to be any good at .htaccess rules but I would have thought this would have worked.

I used exactly the same path, try

Redirect 301 /modules/gateways/callback/paypal.php https://www.redit.co.uk/portal/modules/gateways/callback/paypal.php

In my case, I had changed subdomain so I had to recreate the subdomain and add the redirection from there to the new subdomain.

Edited by jeffuk

1 minute ago, redit said:

Thanks I was going to try that next (if I remember) I'll let another payment go through as I have one due in a day or two then I'll give it ago and let you all know.

Don't forget to add 301 - Redirect 301

• 1 month later...

I am now seeing another problem, not sure how others have dealt with this.

I have set up a new WHMCS installation on a different domain targetting a different country. The problem is that Paypal only accepts 1 IPN, so I can't add a new IPN for the new website, what would be the best way to tackle this ? 🙄