using affiliate system with referral codes not cookies

jamiec

Hi:

Have system with WHMCS for a few years now, but want to expand my affiliates' abiliy to refer customers to me.

I would like to have an "add affiliate code" in the order form.

I have followed Kian's directions from his post:

Kian wrote the directions

https://whmcs.community/topic/290554-using-affiliate-system-with-referral-codes-not-cookies/?tab=comments#comment-1303042

but I seem to be hung up somewhere.. I'm pretty sure I did the setup and php file ok.  it shows on the order form, but when processed, it still says "no affiliate", and nothign in affiliate page.

I did not want to message Kian directly (not sure if that is OK on the rules).

Not sure If I should attach the Php file here either, but can PM it if needed.

Is there a place/way to loot at a log to see if the php file was even called/triggered?? I could find no place in the post where it said how to "attach" that hook to anything.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

On 07/03/2019 at 11:39, jamiec said:

I did not want to message Kian directly (not sure if that is OK on the rules).

it would be fine - if he ignores, or doesn't see it, then that's up to him. 🙂

alternatively, just mention him in a post, e.g @Kian and he might get a notification of you doing so.

On 3/7/2019 at 6:39 AM, jamiec said:

Is there a place/way to loot at a log to see if the php file was even called/triggered?? I could find no place in the post where it said how to "attach" that hook to anything.

You could use logactivity API call  or logModuleCall function, with the latter being a better choice for debugging as it outputs to utilities  -> logs -> module log which can be disabled for production while keeping the call in place.

Hi:  @Kian  need a bit if assistance!

Trying to get my "Checkout" to include "Affiliate Code" so affliates don't have to have to point to me from a website, and they can do it by "word or mouth" (or word of text!).. to place orders and have them get credited.

I used your code proposed on a previous posting by you, but I was not successful.  WHMCS stated that it does show the hook activating, but stated that the "redirection code" is not working as expected.  Please find following the code, to see if you could take a quick look and provide some input.

It woiuld be greatly appreciated.

Jamie

<?php

use WHMCS\Cookie;
use WHMCS\Database\Capsule;
// function somePrefix_ClientAdd($vars)
// This above command link says to chage "somePrefix_ClientAdd" so something else, so I am changing to "liquid_ClientAdd"
//
function liquid_ClientAdd($vars)
{
    // Configuration
    $affiliationFieldID         = 332; // ID of Client Custom Field for Affiliation Code
    $partners['278']             = 'LIQUID'; // Affiliation code of partner/client ID 278 (this is mike test)
//  REM'd  to hide other affiliate id's (until end of the rem)
// $partners['40']             = 'DOG'; // Affiliation code of partner/client ID 40
//    $partners['41']             = 'YEP'; // Affiliation code of partner/client ID 41
//    $partners['42']             = 'SAD'; // Affiliation code of partner/client ID 42 
//
//  
    // Do not edit below this line
    if (in_array($vars['customfields'][$affiliationFieldID], $partners))
    {
        $affID = Capsule::table('tblaffiliates')->where('clientid', array_search($vars['customfields'][$affiliationFieldID], $partners))->first(['id']);
        header('Location: *?aff=' . $affID->id . '&gocart=true');
        die();
    }
}
// changing add_hook('ClientAdd', 1, 'somePrefix_ClientAdd'); below with "liquid_ClientAdd"
//
add_hook('ClientAdd', 1, 'liquid_ClientAdd');