SSL Check - Admin Side

aquiss

We have upgraded to 7.7.1 this morning, however, can anyone advise why on Products/Services tab, the new SSL Check padlock is checking if an SSL is present for "Other Services". I can understand a check being present for products and services that are classed as Shared Hosting, but for a check for something that is not related (in our case ISP services for broadband and telecoms) seems like a new feature that has been thrown in, incomplete.

How can I hide/stop this feature on the admin side, because I see no control over this new "SSL Check feature"? Presently i'm seeing the database table tblsslstatus being filled with entries that are pointless. 

2 hours ago, aquiss said:

We have upgraded to 7.7.1 this morning, however, can anyone advise why on Products/Services tab, the new SSL Check padlock is checking if an SSL is present for "Other Services".

because WHMCS think that it's a great idea to run the SSL checks and haven't limited their use correctly to the appropriate products... it might have been nice to ask us first about the whole idea though, before deciding to add it.

you can stop the syncing by adding a flag to your cron job...

skip --SslSync 

https://docs.whmcs.com/Crons#Tasks

2 hours ago, aquiss said:

How can I hide/stop this feature on the admin side, because I see no control over this new "SSL Check feature"?

so you can stop the cron task, but that won't solve the output in the admin area... I suspect it will show a no SSL found image by default unless something in that sync table tells it otherwise. 🙄

you could hide the icons with a hook that adds custom CSS or jQuery to the admin header... would be interesting if you wanted to do it selectively, e.g show it on true hosted products, but not on bb&t products - and i'm using the word "interesting" in the sense that it could be tricky, but not impossible to filter it that specifically.... but if you just wanted a blanket removal, then that would be simple enough...

another way, might be to change the 4 .png icons in the /assets/img/ssl/ folder to transparent images - two potential problems with this though... first, those icons are used in the client area too - you would see them on the products/domains pages if you were using the latest version of Six on your site... and secondly, the automatic updater would probably replace them - though I can't see there being another WHMCS release now until closer to May...

John did say in another thread that the cron is syncing more than was originally intended and that a CORE number has been issued to this - so maybe this will be "fixed" in v7.7.2 / v7.8... but I suspect "fixed" as in limiting the syncing rather than making the whole idea optional.

40 minutes ago, brian! said:

would be interesting if you wanted to do it selectively, e.g show it on true hosted products, but not on bb&t products - and i'm using the word "interesting" in the sense that it could be tricky

Yeah, my thoughts are, products that are in the system as "Other Services" are unlikely to be a hosting package, vps, reseller or domains, which as you personally know in our case, we use for broadband and telephone services, don't need to show the SSL padlock status on the admin side (or even check things).

On the client side it appears that "Other Services" does indeed leave out the SSL Check icon (from what I can see), yet the admin side, seems to ignore this same logic.

I'm not against the whole concept of the SSL checking, I just feel it could be so much better, instead I feel like I'm having to break it to make it work more logically.

Just now, aquiss said:

On the client side it appears that "Other Services" does indeed leave out the SSL Check icon (from what I can see), yet the admin side, seems to ignore this same logic.

take a look at your site using the v7.7.1 version of "Six" and you'll see them on the domains & products listing pages in the client area.

8 minutes ago, brian! said:

take a look at your site using the v7.7.1 version of "Six" and you'll see them on the domains & products listing pages in the client area.

Yup, I have done. I'll DM screenshot so you can see the client side seems to work for "Other Services".