.pro Domain Extension

Hello,

today one of our customers ordere a .pro domain name from our website. The domain appeared to be available and if i do a search on the whmcs client side it still shows as available.

In fact the domain name was already registered. The WHMCS admin site whois shows the correct status but the client side shows wrong status.

Anybody knows how to solve this?

Thanks.

Hello,

i tried with whois.nic.pro and whois.afilias.net, both in the whmcs/includes/whoisservers.php and whmcs/resources/domains/dist.whois.json 

The same problem, in the WHMCS admin area i have "The domain pieseauto.pro is already registered"

In the client area side I have: "Congratulations! pieseauto.pro is available!"

1 hour ago, minadreapta said:

i tried with whois.nic.pro and whois.afilias.net, both in the whmcs/includes/whoisservers.php and whmcs/resources/domains/dist.whois.json 

if you're using v7+, then you can ignore whoisservers.php as that isn't used... and you shouldn't be editing dist.whois.json as it will get overwritten during an update - you should be creating a custom whois.json file in the same directory as dist.whois.json.

https://docs.whmcs.com/WHOIS_Servers

just testing on v7.7.1, I think the entry already in dist.whois.json is correct...

{
        "extensions": ".pro",
        "uri": "socket://whois.nic.pro",
        "available": "NOT FOUND"
    },

PzZujlQ.png

and when I check in the client area using Standard Whois...

pNpr6nT.png

but if I check using Name Spinning (which I believe uses eNom), it tells me that it's available...

TwjvC9t.png

NameSpinning wouldn't use the whois servers file unless it had to, and it this case, it can't be as it's giving the wrong answer... are you using NameSpinning or one of the other Lookup Providers ? I don't think the Lookup Providers even check whois...

37 minutes ago, minadreapta said:

Yes, I am using v7.x. Changing NameSpinning to Standard Whois solved the problem.

just remember that lookups won't be as fast and their numbers might be limited when using standard whois...

38 minutes ago, minadreapta said:

The NameSpinning was selected because it says "Recommended".

i'm not sure that i'd take any recommendations from a company that can't even spell the word "across" correctly... and haven't noticed the error for 9 months and counting! 🙂