Automatic invoice cancellation by the system

Where do I find the settings for the invoice cancellation? there is a problem with one client that after a month the invoice that was generated for domain renewal was set to cancelled by the system. I'd like to modify that setting and set other conditions on cancelling invoice. Thank you!

I tried some experimental approach for observation purposes using below configuration/steps. Hopefully these will help resolve the auto-cancellation of invoice after a month with "Unpaid" status.

1. General Settings > Domains (tab) > Domain Grace and Redemption Fees = ENABLED

2. Settings > Products/Services > Domain Pricing;
       a. Tick the selected TLD to apply (e.g. .com, .com.ph, .org, etc)
       b. Bulk Management (right side) > set the Duration of "Grace Period" and "Redemption Period" to 30 days. I leaved the price un-configured since for now I don't want to charge the clients for such events(GP and RP).

I still have to observe the status of those invoice if the above setup will solved the issue.

1 hour ago, ABI said:

Hi @pRieStaKos,

I also checked those configurations and I can't find the options to halt invoice cancellation after a month in "Unpaid" invoice status.

Did client status changed to Inactive after that ? I haven't seen WHMCS canceling invoices after a short period (before v7). I cancel them with a hook, after cancellation of service.

4 minutes ago, pRieStaKos said:

Did client status changed to Inactive after that ? I haven't seen WHMCS canceling invoices after a short period (before v7). I cancel them with a hook, after cancellation of service.

Client status doesn't change, @pRieStaKos. But yes, it's a weird case above v7 and this issue only reflects on one of our clients while the rest are in good status invoice. I am now thinking to produce evidence for bug submission but I have no enough time. lol Anyway, I'll update this thread again if I have some good news to tell. 😅

I suspect it might be related to Grace & Redemption....

Could you let me know why WHMCS is trying to remove the renewal line item from the invoice and let me know how I can make WHMCS NOT do this?

This is happening due a new feature that was added to WHMCS recently, i.e. Domain Grace and Redemption fee. Typically, when a domain has passed its expiry date, it enters into a grace period where it can still be renewed (usually for no or a very small additional fee). Once the grace period (which is defined by the registry/registrar for that particular TLD) has passed, it goes to the redemption period where it can still be renewed but after paying a hefty redemption fee (in most cases). This is all explained here: https://docs.whmcs.com/Domain_Grace_and_Redemption_Grace_Periods

This feature was added in v7.5, so once a domain passes it expiry date, the original renewal invoice is cancelled by default as it is no longer valid for domains in grace periods. However, you can change this setting from Setup -> General Settings -> Domains tab. Make sure "Domain Grace and Redemption Fees" is enabled and "Domain Grace and Redemption Fee Billing" is set to "Add Grace and Redemption Fees to existing invoice". Then you can add the grace/redemption period and their respective fees from the Domain Pricing page.

Hi @brian!,

Yes, I also believe it is related to grace and redemption period. However, our isolated case regarding cancellation of invoice issue is just after 24hrs of the due date(which is also the expiration date of the domain) of the invoice.

I also reviewed the expired, grace, and expiring domains by doing manual cross-check of records from the registrars and it appears that status of invoices has no issue. Thank you @brian! for your response. :D

• 2 years later...