.au domain Transfers asking for Registrant ID, Registrant ID Type, etc

comauHOST

Using V7.7.1 transferring .au domains the "Domains Configuration" page is requiring the domain Registration fields such as Registrant ID, Registrant ID Type, etc.

In the past the form did not require these fields for transfers because they are only required for registrations.

Is there a way to make these fields not required for .au transfers?

Thanks

I havent seen any new regulations requiring this data for .au transfers.

But the whmcs support replied saying "registrars (such as eNom) are now requiring these fields for both registrations and transfers". I dont know for what reason.

Anyway. Ive put this code in the configuredomains.tpl file replacing the current foreach. Let me know if you see any problems with it. If I experience any I'll re-post.

Ive tested in the cart but not completed an order yet. Should be ok though as it is passing the form validations.

{foreach from=$domain.fields key=domainfieldname item=domainfield}

{if $domain.eppenabled && $domain.domain|substr:-3 == '.au'}

<input type="hidden" name="domainfield[{$num}][0]" value="-">
      <input type="hidden" name="domainfield[{$num}][1]" value="-">
      <input type="hidden" name="domainfield[{$num}][2]" value="-">
      <input type="hidden" name="domainfield[{$num}][3]" value="-">
      <input type="hidden" name="domainfield[{$num}][4]" value="-">
      <input type="hidden" name="domainfield[{$num}][5]" value="-">
      <input type="hidden" name="domainfield[{$num}][6]" value="-">
      <input type="hidden" name="domainfield[{$num}][7]" value="-">

{break}

{else}

<div class="row">
        <div class="col-sm-4">{$domainfieldname}:</div>
        <div class="col-sm-8">{$domainfield}</div>
      </div>

{/if}

{/foreach}

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @comauHOST,

Here is the technical documentation regarding this requirement: https://www.enom.com/api/Domains Topics/AU_ES_PE.htm

If your registrar does not yet require them, please refer to the following documentation to remove the fields: https://docs.whmcs.com/Additional_Domain_Fields#How_do_I_customise_the_fields_that_are_displayed.3F

Thanks.

Though I cant see in that documentation how to remove fields only for domain transfers. The fields are required for domain registrations.

So Ive used the variable:

$domain.eppenabled

in the configuredomains.tpl file to determine if its a domain transfer.

I would prefer to use the additionalfields.php file but I cant yet see how to do it.

Is there a variable available in the additionalfields.php file to identify a domain transfer and then do an if statement to remove fields?

The enom information looks out of date.

.au domains can now be registered for 1yr Min. and 5yrs Max.

From my experience only the Registrant ID is a required field now to register a .au domain which needs to be either an ABN or ACN.

And only the domain transfer password is required to initiate a transfer.

10 hours ago, comauHOST said:

But the whmcs support replied saying "registrars (such as eNom) are now requiring these fields for both registrations and transfers". I dont know for what reason.

OpenSRS are saying the same thing...

When completing the registration form for any .AU domain name, you must submit some additional information about the registrant. These additional fields are displayed in the Owner Information section of the Control Panel registration form and in the Additional Domain Information section of the RWI registration form.

Note: These requirements apply to all new registrations, transfers in, and contact updates or changes.

5 hours ago, comauHOST said:

So Ive used the variable $domain.eppenabled in the configuredomains.tpl file to determine if its a domain transfer. 

would that work - wouldn't it be the same value during a registration as well? I can't see an obvious existing variable that shows you whether it's a registration or transfer.. I suppose you could try http_referrer to see if the user came from a registration or transfer page, but that wouldn't be 100% guaranteed to be accurate.

I would prefer to use the additionalfields.php file but I cant yet see how to do it. 

you could manipulate the ADP array with a clientareapagecart hook, but that could get real messy.

Is there a variable available in the additionalfields.php file to identify a domain transfer and then do an if statement to remove fields?

WHMCS probably haven't thought of that option yet - I think ADP is relatively new to transfers.