Test connection stuck when adding a new server

Hi everyone,

So I reinstalled a clean copy of WHMCS (v7.7.1) and I am in the process of configuring my reseller servers. 

I enter all the information but when I click on Test Connection I get a message saying Testing Connection... but nothing ever happens, it just keeps loading

image.png.89e6ca84ef03757171b0ecf0b65d2076.png

I generated a new API token in WHM and confirm my login details but no luck. I can also log into WHM and cPanel directly with the credentials I entered above so this means the credentials are correct.

When I click on save changes and click on Login to WHM:

image.png.082cc992dae5108d348108952bbee9dc.png

I get the following error:

An Error Occurred
cPanel API Unreachable: Connection Error: Failed to connect to 169.239.217.26 port 2087: Connection refused(7)

So I did some investigation and looking at THIS POST it seems like a

firewall or other security measure on your server blocking the connection on port 2087

Please excuse my lack of knowledge here but if this is the case how do I check if it is the firewall and if it is the cause how do I rectify it?

Any advice would greatly be appreciated. 

Changing the firewall settings would depend on what firewall you have setup.  CSF, iptables, firewalld, something else.   Since you are able to access WHM, port 2087 should be accessible to WHMCS also unless you have specific rules allowing you in.   What could be happening is the firewall is blocking outbound connections to port 2087 .

Also, as you are trying to connect to a reseller account, you have no real control over the firewall on that server and as such should contact the host.  If your WHMCS install is on a different server than what you are trying to setup in WHMCS, then you may need to contact that server's host also to check outbound rules.