Cannot set up 2FA with yubikey

As off few days now I've been denied on 2FA auth so I accessed WHMCS with my backup codes. 
After I disabled 2FA for Staff and enabled it again I tried to setup it again for my account but getting following error

Modules logs

02/06/2019 01:42 yubico activate

Array
(
    [otp] => vvc**************************************hie

BAD RESPONSE SIGNATURE

An Error Occurred. Please Try Again...
The Yubico Key value entered could not be validated successfully with the Yubikey API

Time is synced, fields on tbladmins cleared but no joy.

Using Yubikey 5 NFC on OSX and it's been working correctly till now. Tested on yubikey demo test pages and there it works correctly.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Happened today to me on two separate installations, same errors and steps. Failed to log in using key, reset via backup code, disabled then enabled in admin account and now can't enable it again. Version 7.6.1 on both. Module log offers "BAD RESPONSE SIGNATURE".

Any luck resolving this?

Heard from support, and it would appear that the Yubico module in versions prior to 7.7.1. was using an API call to Yubi that's been disabled in favor of something new. They finally shut it off a short while ago, but I hadn't needed to re-auth until today, and failed because of the old protocol. WHMCS support states the new version (on 7.7.1+) works. Now I'll need to update everything to a new version just to get that working again.
Hadn't planned on the time and effort that will take, and don't want the hassle of that SSL checking nonsense (not all registered names even have hosting), but what can you do?

Just as a followup, support stated it was explained in the change log and gave me a link. The link was to a changelog for a 7.7.0 beta, and only mentioned there was a new one. Nothing about the existing one failing totally. Up to us to ask questions and research everything that's rolled into WHMCS, I suppose. Personally, I"m not an early adopter, and would appreciate a heads up on things that will be failing if not updated quickly. 

9 minutes ago, bear said:

Just as a followup, support stated it was explained in the change log and gave me a link. The link was to a changelog for a 7.7.0 beta, and only mentioned there was a new one. Nothing about the existing one failing totally. Up to us to ask questions and research everything that's rolled into WHMCS, I suppose. Personally, I"m not an early adopter, and would appreciate a heads up on things that will be failing if not updated quickly. 

whoever writes the changelog must be fined for each word they use, as they like to keep the descriptions as brief and unhelpful as possible.

Maybe not many are using Yubi, so it didn't come up enough?
It's a bit inconvenient to use, but addon security generally is. 

If you're listening, WHMCS, anything that will no longer work without updating to the new version should be worth mentioning within the release notes at the least. 
We can't be expected to simply know what you know and base decisions on that.