I can not disable captcha

Nikol

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Mauwiks said:

How do we update the customized template from 7.6 to 7.7? Would it not be overwritten?

depends how you've customised it - if it's just css changes in custom.css, then back it up before updating; if it's customised with hooks, then updating won't matter (unless the hooks use a removed feature).

if you've modified the templates (e.g edited them), then you can use the links in the release notes to compare the changes between the v7.6.1 Six templates to v7.7.0 (there's another for standard_cart too)... there are apparently no template changes in v7.7.1 according to its release notes.

you might also like to read the blog feature on using Git... though if you've only edited a few of the templates, that might be overkill.

10 minutes ago, Mauwiks said:

I saw the release notes but it redirected me to GitHub.

that's because WHMCS make a copy of their templates available on their GitHub site... and you can use that to compare different releases.

10 minutes ago, Mauwiks said:

I am apparently following this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXZpPjPxvfY

it's 5 years old! so was written long before Six, GitHub.. and even the auto-updater were added to WHMCS. 🙂

as a basic walk-through, it's fine (up to a point) - upgrading is relatively straightforward, you just got to go slowly the first few times you do it (remembering to take backups of files and db)... and go very slowly when custom templates are involved.

2 minutes ago, Mauwiks said:

Found the files but I'm not sure if these are the correct ones? Should I copy these to my customized template of six?

if you do that, you'll overwrite any customisations that you've made to those templates... now i'm handicapped by not knowing how much you've customised them, but any templates that you *know* that you haven't previously customised by editing them, you can simply upload and overwrite the existing files... any template files that you *have* edited, you will have to copy those customised codes to the new templates, then overwrite the files with these new modified templates.

ideally, you should be doing all this on a dev installation, rather than a live site until you know that your customisations will still work.

5 minutes ago, Mauwiks said:

Haven't really customized it that much. Only the General Settings, Added 4 products/services w/ addon plus a new Domain Registrar Module and it's pricing. And before I forget, the email templates too.

they're all stored in the database and so not relevant to this... if you have *never* edited any of the client templates and/or orderforms, then you have nothing to worry about and can just upload the new files over the existing custom theme... but backup everything first either way.

Just now, Mauwiks said:

Sorry but I am not sure either if I had edited any templates. All I know is that I copied the "Six" template folder and renamed it since it was recommended by the System Health prior to getting started with the stuff when setting up my WHMCS in the Admin Panel

then take a look at the Last Modified date of the files in that template folder... if they are all the same date & time, then you either haven't edited any of them, or you edited them locally before uploading...

and those System Health notices are just advisory, especially things like renaming the Six folder... in the devs, I never bother to rename them... but that's just me living on the edge! 😉